International Music Festival (Musician/Country Elimination) - Signups

Optical

The Fall of the Eleventh
Yep, just another elimination thread. :D

This time, though, it's a little different. As always, people will each nominate one 'thing' for the list - in this case, a musical artist or group.

However, in this game, each country (England/Wales/Scotland/N.Ireland are separate for this purpose) or US/Canadian province, territory or state (to accommodate the huge number of Americans/Canadians on these boards) gets one artist to represent it. From then on, it's +1 -2 each turn as usual. First in first served, so if your country/state already has an artist representative, you're too late. :evil:

If you really want to nominate an artist though, you still can, but please choose a country that probably won't otherwise get a nomination.

10 points each to start.

The List

Shihad/Pacifier (New Zealand) - 10
Steven Tyler/Aerosmith (Massachusetts, USA) - 10
Sau (Catalonia) - 10
Steely Dan (New York, USA) - 10
Queen (England) - 10
Rahbani Brothers (Lebanon) - 10
Jorge Aragão (Brazil) - 10
Kansas (Kansas) - 10
Dubioza Kolektiv (Bosnia and Herzegovina) - 10

Sau-Catalonia, or Julio Iglesias-Spain (if you don't let me have Catalonia! :()
Spoiler Sau :

Spoiler Julio Iglesias :

Steely Dan-New York, USA

(I hate people from Califorina, Washington, and England. All the good bands are from the West Coast or in England, and we have almost no talent. I had to go through a wikipedia page for New York artists, and Steely Dan, Billy Joel, and Kiss were the only bands/artists I even heard of in the entire thing.)

Lulz at all the artists starting with S :D

if you don't let me have Catalonia!

No, Catalonia's fine. There are enough Iberian people on these boards that we'll probably get both.

On these boards. Not on this subforum :p

The Eagles/California

Glenn Frey was born in Michigan, Don Henely in Texas, Joe Walsh in Kansas, and Timothy B. Schmit in California, but the band was founded in LA, so California it is, if that's ok.

The Eagles/California

Glenn Frey was born in Michigan, Don Henely in Texas, Joe Walsh in Kansas, and Timothy B. Schmit in California, but the band was founded in LA, so California it is, if that's ok.

Of all the great talent and bands that exist in that state, you pick The Eagles? I am dissapoint. :p

Correct, unless somebody's already done your state/etc. That said, California isn't exactly unrepresented on these boards.

WIM's is fine though since IIRC he lives in England?

I must change now. Bee Gees/ Isle of Man :mischief:

Two of the Rahbani brothers are currently deceased, and the other one lives in Lebanon AFAIK.

No, I mean you live in England, which James Caesar already assigned Queen to. :)

OK. I'll leave the Rahbani Brothers on the list, but in that case, you could submit a Brazilian musician :)

Top Bottom