Internet multiplayer error - "You are the last remaining human player in the game"

How often have you experienced the disconnect issue in multiplayer Civ 5

• I experience this problem every time I play an internet game and have never completed a single game

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • I sometimes experience this problem, but have completed games of more than 200 turns

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I used to experience this problem, but I found a solution and can point to a workthrough

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never encountered this problem, and regularly play internet games (1 per week or more)

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I have never encountered the problem, but seldom play online (less than 1 time per month)

• I have never encountered this problem, but suffer another that prevents me from playing

• Total voters

consentient

Domination!
The problem:

You are playing a game of internet multiplayer with one or more human players. Regardless of lag, which is not the subject of this thread, after 5, 50 or even 150 turns, all players simultaneously receive a message that says that the other players disconnected and THEY are the only human player left in the game.

What I want to know:

How often you experience/have experienced this problem.

Why:

I am in communication with the developers about patching this game and it is my belief that a sizeable number of players experience problems so severe with internet multiplayer that they have never completed a single game. Clearly not all players are affected, since I've watched videos by a guy called Yoruus (sp?) and he manages to complete all of his games. But I've been through countless troubleshooting steps to solve my problem, and have in the process come across 100s of threads in forums (not just on here) that indicate that a LOT of players have the above problem.

What I'd like you to do:

Please vote in the poll, and keep all responses limited to either - expanding on your experience of the above problem, pointing in the direction of a TRIED AND TESTED solution, or additional information that you would like to be passed to the developers. Please do NOT assume that there is some mickey-mouse step that players suffering this problem are not performing, or make comments that attempts to fix this problem are not worth it, or other negativity.

Thank you for your feedback.

I have seen this before, however it is extremely rare. Playing Civ 5 almost every day I have seen this happen maybe once every 3 months.

get this message at least 10 times per game and i`m only playing with friends. they also get it when i`m not playing with them.

Top Bottom