Interstellar

That was precisely my thought when I saw the trailer. Firaxis should totally do some cross promotion.

It would be like civbe but without the "250 years from now" backstory.
The movie probably is also more about the journey itself than the arrival. "When a wormhole is newly discovered, a team of explorers and scientists embarks on a voyage through it to transcend previous limitations on human space travel." However, the trailer also indicates that mankind is in dire need of a new home under another star, so the movie still fits nicely to the Beyond Earth theme.

It would be like civbe but without the "250 years from now" backstory.
And wormholes. Realistic wormholes, seriously, this wormhole (at least on the outside) looks a lot like they used some gravitational lensing visualisation as basis for their special effect. Somehow this psyches me up more than the rest of the trailer! :lol:

I found this funny in a way what CIV BE is and what the movie interstellar is also about. I don't think it was plan that way but for me it makes the game CIV BE even more alive.

Interstellar
2014 Film
With our time on Earth coming to an end, a team of explorers undertakes the most important mission in human history; traveling beyond this galaxy to discover whether mankind has a future among the stars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSWdZVtXT7E

What you guys think?

Moderator Action: Interstellar Threads merged

Seems like the only way to go the distance in space, for us not robots, is via discovery of a wormhole which is kinda like, never gonna happen.

Sounds more like the backstory to EVE online

Top Bottom