Introductions

DMOC

Mathematician
Hey everyone! :D Since we're going to be on the same team for a game that will probably last almost a year, it'd be nice to get to know a lot of you guys. In addition, it'd also be nice if you told us your relative multiplayer difficulty level and knowledge of civ, so we know how we stand in experience.

So I'm DMOC and I've been a heavy single-player (deity) CIV-er until now ... since I'm part of 7-8 multiplayer games now, soon to be 8-9. :crazyeye: I am not the best multiplayer player but through this game I hope to improve my repertoire. I do have some experience on my hands.

Thanks for starting this thread DMOC, i actually had the same idea.
My username is Bobbyboy but my actual name is Ben (go figure). I'm also (technically) an adult, but i'm a boy at heart. I'm a second year maths/engineering student at university here in Melbourne, Australia.

Previously I've been exclusively a single player but I was interested by this idea and decided to give it a shot. My decision was heavily influenced by the fact that DMOC is the leader and I know him to be very good in single player. (also i kind of wanted to know just what DMOC stands for :p). Now that we have two of the other players whose games i enjoy reading the most on these forums: obsolete and Snaaty, I am very excited to be a part of this team.

I play on immortal single player but I'm really not sure how much this transposes to MP. I think that I'm pretty good at city placement/optimisation and micro so hopefully I can help out there. I'm also willing to do some number crunching if need be.

I'm really looking forward to this game. Go MAVS!

Well hi.

I have nerver been playing MP, and it has been a while since i played unmodded BTS, i usualy play on noble.

Wow, that makes me oldest here:(, I'm 27 with too much problems in my life to play civ as much as I would:(.

I played only SP until now, but I plan to start some MP games on my own asap just to get some experience under my belt. In SP I play Emperor.

Maybe it would be a good idea to know where people live also, just to try to coordinate team when some decisions are needed. So I live in NYC currently, so USA ET (GMT -5) time zone for me.

Okay so...this will be my first experience for demogames. I normally just play singleplayer games with the occasional multiplayer game with my siblings (not much competition). I now play at Monarch level (although to date I've had my butt kicked three times and kicked the AI's butt zero times).

Also I know it says "Chimera1804" up there but the numbers are just because there's already someone called "Chimera" here...don't feel obliged to use the numbers...;)

Time zone: Atlantic (GMT -4)

I'll take the record so far then. 31 yo, PhD student in Computer Science, Gothenburg Sweden.

I mostly play pitboss games these days, have won a fair share of those I've played so far. Immortal level in SP.

I also design :)evil:) maps for the BOTMs. And speaking of which, you should all go check out my latest creation here! :)

My real name's Mark, I'm 25, from Oxford (but now living about 30 miles away near Northampton) in central England. I've just graduated from university.

My SP level is Emperor (although I can handle Immortal as well with a mixed success rate) and, apart from the warmup game, this is my first experience of pitboss games.

DMOC, are you in NYC? My wife's from upstate, near Albany :)

Hi, I'm a kid from New Jersey (-5 GMT), never played multiplayer before but hoping to learn more!
I normally play on Prince, but can't always win.

The problem is, I don't have ready access to civ4 right now, I'm having problems installing it on this machine. If you wanna help a brother out, here's the problem .

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the game!

Hi, I'm a kid from New Jersey (-5 GMT), never played multiplayer before but hoping to learn more!
I normally play on Prince, but can't always win.

The problem is, I don't have ready access to civ4 right now, I'm having problems installing it on this machine. If you wanna help a brother out, here's the problem .

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the game!

Did you scratch disks or something, and since we are going to play BTS anyway, the easiest solution will be to buy Civ Complete in Best Buy for some $20.

Did you scratch disks or something, and since we are going to play BTS anyway, the easiest solution will be to buy Civ Complete in Best Buy for some $20.

Yeah, I have BTS, so I think I'm just going to buy vanilla again. It's not super expensive, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah, I have BTS, so I think I'm just going to buy vanilla again. It's not super expensive, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah, but CIV complete is only $39.99, but you get, on one DVD: vanilla, warlords, BTS and colonization here

Hey guys, I'm Scott. I'm a 21 year old film student (last class ever in 14 days, woo!) and I work as a manager at a cinema. I usually play Emperor sp but I've yet to win, however I can win Monarch fairly consistently. I've only ever played mp against my brother and dad. I've never played anything other than vanilla but I'm planning on picking up bts real soon so if I say something stupid it's cause I don't know what differences there are between vanilla and bts. :p

Hello!

I'm Javid Bing (hence my incredibly imaginative alias), I'm 20 and live on the Central Coast N.S.W Australia.

Currently unemployed so making the most of all possible Civ time because I start in the Air Force in August which will leave me with quite substantially less playing time.

I usually play Prince/Monarch with mixed success and my only multiplayer experience is LAN games with my brother against AI (usually at easy level because he isn't very good). I been playing on and off since Civ I, meaning I have been playing since I was really little and my cousin put me onto it lol

Hi,

Real name Milos, 28 y.o. architect/designer. Playing Civ for a year, only SP (just got into my first pitboss game this week). Mostly play immortal these days, though I certainly wouldn't expect to beat every random start.

Vancouver, Canada - GMT-8 (is that right? 3hrs. behind NYC)

edit: btw, as much as it may amuse me to have people actually spell out my nickname, you can call me bbp here - that's what my SG teammates do.

Top Bottom