Invisible units

karso

Chieftain
Hello all

I have been having the strangest problem. I have been playing Civ Colnization for about a week with no problems untill yesterday. I just started a new game and alas all of my units are invisble i can click them and everything its just irritating. Ive tried everything updated my video card (Nvida 9800gt), Uninstalled the game, put settings on lowest everything, but maybe someone else has a better idea? Much apriciated

Can you post your dxdiag? Start-Run->dxdiag save info

What version of windows are you running? 64 bit?

It's weird that it would start happening out of no where. You may want to try deleting your cache folder ->

C:\Documents and Settings\pork\Application Data\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV - Colonization\cache

one other thing, make sure you don't have Bare Map turned on. Its the third option up from the bottom on the left side of the mini-map. This hides a lot of stuff and if it was turned on by accident it is hard to know it.

hello there.

This just happened to me too. Was playing np and then all of a sudden the units disappeared.
Tried creating a new game after quiting out of the game and it still has the units invisible.

Anyone else get this or know a fix for it.
Dont want to have to re-install it. :(

Currently running Win 7 Ult RTM 64bit.

I believe that I have the same problem. One temporary solution I have found is that if you go to the civilopedia from the main menu before loading your game and open a few of the pages for units, the units will appear. This must be done before you load or start a game though. My guess is that it is a problem with loading the unit graphics.

Same problem here, and it seems that Spud Boy's temporary fix works for me as well. Would be great if someone could come up with a less labor-intensive fix.
Running on Windows 7, FYI.

I believe that I have the same problem. One temporary solution I have found is that if you go to the civilopedia from the main menu before loading your game and open a few of the pages for units, the units will appear. This must be done before you load or start a game though. My guess is that it is a problem with loading the unit graphics.

I've tried that fix but that doesn't seem to work. I'm using a MacBook Pro (intel chip), with the Nvidia GEFORCE 9400& 9600 video card. My game is updated to the 3.19 and I have both civ 4 warlords which plays fine and BTS which doesn't. Will take a look and see if this bare map fix will do the trick.

Top Bottom