iOS versions of CivRev updated, multiplayer now available

cuc

Warlord
2K Games has unexpectedly updated the iOS versions of the game. The good news: the multiplayer has at last been implemented. The less good news: it seems it's available as an in-game purchase, along with other such DLC added to the game: 4 new wonders, and unique buildings and units for 4 civ sets.

2K Games has unexpectedly updated the iOS versions of the game. The good news: the multiplayer has at last been implemented. The less good news: it seems it's available as an in-game purchase, along with other such DLC added to the game: 4 new wonders, and unique buildings and units for 4 civ sets.

So are there really new units or is this some sort of regional look for the same batch of guys?

The new units have unique strengths, they're not just reskins and each civ has unique buildings as well.

I haven't figured much out yet, but the English get bowmen instead of archers, and the bowmen are stronger. They also get a stock change instead of a bank. The Greeks get an odeon instead of a temple.

So far the only new wonder I've spotted is the great lighthouse which you can build from the off, and it lets galleons travel into the ocean.

The stock change replaces the bank and gives 4x production and a 10% gold bonus, so the unique buildings all have unique traits as well

It seems any existing unique unit has been given a power boost to make them more worthwhile.

Also the four wonders are here:

The stock change replaces the bank and gives 4x production and a 10% gold bonus, so the unique buildings all have unique traits as well

It seems any existing unique unit has been given a power boost to make them more worthwhile.

Also the four wonders are here:

Okay, so these National Unique Units always existed but until now were identical to their contemporaries. Cool enough. Just didn't want to pay $4 only then to realize I just bought some reskins of a few units and buildings. :)

Yes, the old unique units have received power ups. All civs have unique units now and they also have unique buildings. The unique buildings seem to offer a 10% boost to a resource production, be it gold, beakers, culture etc.

I bought the dlc pack on the iPhone.

Tried to restore purchase on the iPad, but dlc didnt't reflected as purchased. And it's at restored.

Restore purchase only work specific device? Or it is broken?

Nevermind. Different apps, different in-app purchase.

You should be able to play the iPhone app on the ipad though (although in not sure why you'd want to)

I'm more curious about the multiplayer aspect. Does it use GameCenter to match you up with random opponents and friends? Is there some sort of hotseat mode?

I'm more curious about the multiplayer aspect. Does it use GameCenter to match you up with random opponents and friends? Is there some sort of hotseat mode?

It uses GameCenter. You can play both random opponents and friends. No hotseat mode.

How are the turns carried out? Each player gets one move per 24 hour period? Or does it simply rotate around the horn as each player completes their move?

I just conceded a MP game rather than play it to the end because my opponents units (tanks, infantry) are marching across the water... :eek: Even if there is a glitch in the game one shouldn't do that.

Anyone else seen this?

I just conceded a MP game rather than play it to the end because my opponents units (tanks, infantry) are marching across the water... :eek: Even if there is a glitch in the game one shouldn't do that.

Anyone else seen this?

Didn't notice that.

Multiplayer does work. I thought it would be in real time, it's still turn based (wait...wait...wait...). I actually had to play 4 simultaneous multiplayer game just so I would avoid waiting. Getting a 4 person game is a lot of waiting compared to a 2v2 game where you start off right away.

This beats playing against AI. Even on Deity it's getting pretty easy against AI.

There is a Settler cheat where you just rush Settlers and then rush a unit and take their lone city to win the game on your first move. But that doesn't always happen.

Maps are random and situations are random so every game is different. So I love that.

This is the only reason why I update my iOS devices. Civilization Revolution. If it came out for Android...bye bye apple!

If someone could make a list of all the uniques, that would be awesome. Also, in my first game of multiplayer, the Arabs spawned, on turn 2, 4 cities and sacked my capitol... I am quite put off by this.

Has anyone actually completed a multiplayer on iOS Civ Rev yet? I have started several but everyone seems to quit out after a turn or two. I'm guessing these are kids just trying the game out, with no idea how long a full game would take.

I'm normally a Civ 1 player but I'm trying to give Civ Rev a shot - anyone fancy playing a standard length game with me? I think we can add each other to Game Center and then start a game that way.

My son and I have tried to complete a multiplayer game twice using our iPhones. Both times the game hung when combat began. Too frustrating for words. If it weren't for this we would have finished several games. Moving on. In fact, I am going to see if I can get my money back.

Also, we each have the same number of updates and purchases and it is only when combat when multiple units are in the hexes that the game has hung. We have had a few skirmishes that involve one unit killing one other unit without any problems.

Anyone else seen this?

Yes, you can still keep playing but attack modes are weird....
Otherwise, I just concede.

My son and I have tried to complete a multiplayer game twice using our iPhones. Both times the game hung when combat began. Too frustrating for words. If it weren't for this we would have finished several games. Moving on. In fact, I am going to see if I can get my money back.

Also, we each have the same number of updates and purchases and it is only when combat when multiple units are in the hexes that the game has hung. We have had a few skirmishes that involve one unit killing one other unit without any problems.

With iPhones and iPads, sometimes after installing a new game or program you need to power off completely. Wait 30 seconds or else wait for the small spinning circle to stop spinning. Power up and try the game again. The power switch is on the side of the iPhone or iPad not the "belly-button" HOME button on the front. I also use this technique when a game freezes up. SamLin

Has anyone actually completed a multiplayer on iOS Civ Rev yet? I have started several but everyone seems to quit out after a turn or two. I'm guessing these are kids just trying the game out, with no idea how long a full game would take.

I'm normally a Civ 1 player but I'm trying to give Civ Rev a shot - anyone fancy playing a standard length game with me? I think we can add each other to Game Center and then start a game that way.

I've completed a lot. Email me at civrev4ipad@yahoo.com or else rexreynolds@yahoo.com to get together.

Top Bottom