Iraq - Yoshi's Real Earth

Yoshiegg737

Jungo Jungo

Welcome! To Yoshi's 7th story! Joining the 2 Completed Stories, the 1 Abandoned Story, and the 3 ongoing stories! :D.

This story is just a side one I've decided to do. I've been on my desktop a lot (CYOA and DoH2 are on my laptop) so why not do a story from my desktop? Of course, with the extra power, we'll be playing one really, really big mod :cool:

Yoshi's Real Earth is a scenario that I made for AND, using 50 civilizations and also adding a bunch of new leaderheads and civilizations and improving the old artwork for old leaderheads. Of course, it DOES crash a lot...but anyway's...we will be playing as Iraq, as the title suggests. The scenario uses Rhye's Earth Map

Some Screenshots of my Scenario

The Grand Overview (Too bad you can't hear the "Red Army" theme I put in the background :D)
Spoiler :

This is the first page of leaders, with Abu Bakr leading the Arabians
Spoiler :

Moving slightly down, we have Yoshiegg737 of Malaysia :D
Spoiler :

Moving down a bit more, we have Clark of New Zealand
Spoiler :

Awiakta, the completely made up leader, of the Native Americans. I use everything by Melcher, whether the leader is real or not :D
Spoiler :

This is Sa'ad of Somalia
Spoiler :

San Martin of Argentina
Spoiler :

Maria II from Portugal
Spoiler :

Ranger from Germany. Obviously completely made up. Putting female leaderheads everywhere I go makes every game better :D (after all, spending hours a week conducting diplomacy while looking at men feels really weird after a while :p)
Spoiler :

GADDAFI!!!
Spoiler :

And, last but not least, me :D
Spoiler :

And now, let's get this party started :banana:

Spoiler :

Note: I'll be using Imageshack. How do you like the giant pictures? :D

Attachments

• Iraq.png
    Iraq.png
    172.9 KB · Views: 707
Looks interesting..... you better update this one!

Looks good. Put it in your sig! :cool:

:drool: I liked the Ranger leaderhead. ;)

The leaderheads are very well made! Like Gaddafi LOL!

Also Maria II, Awiakta and Ranger are very fine indeed :thumbsup:

Did you actually make any of the graphics for those Leaderheads yourself? If so, which ones?

Also, who leads your beloved Canadian Civ? Is that the Stephen Harper guy that you had ROFLpwning the City of Washington in the Nukes story?

I know Gaddafi's Den9510's, and the Ranger and Maria are obviously SabotLieh. Like Yoshi said, Awiakta is the work of the amazing melcher kurzer... but I don't know who did Helen Clark. :D

I don't like the giant pictures, but the story should be good. You realize you'll probably have to deal with Persia from early on...

Subbed. But after you update THIS story, could you please update you OTHER stories???

EDIT: how do you get the mods to work???

Oohh, nice

but where are the other SabotLieh LHs? he has a really nice one to Mongolia...plus his Joan d'Arc one is also really nice. :p

Did you actually make any of the graphics for those Leaderheads yourself? If so, which ones?
Haha, I didn't make any of them. I just took the art from everyone else.

Oohh, nice

but where are the other SabotLieh LHs? he has a really nice one to Mongolia...plus his Joan d'Arc one is also really nice. :p
Oh, I'm using them all. Even Nicholas II.

EDIT: how do you get the mods to work???
RoM: AND? I just load it up and it goes...

The Beginning of the Iraqi Empire
Spoiler :

The Iraqi city of Baghdad was founded beside the site of some pretty strange looking square river's. The food source of wheat was seen south of the city, and a few hills were in sight. You could also see the Assyrian capital of Nineveh to the NorthEast. I'll be honest here when I say the Assyrian's have a 1 turn advantage on us, since we had moved from our original spot.
Spoiler :

We meet the Assyrian Leader: Ashurbanipal

Quick Information on Ashurbanipal
  • His traits are expansive and creative, meaning he will soon be taking my borders
  • His special building replaces the Barrack's and allows faster military production. Something to fear for the early game.
  • More to fear is that Ashurbanipal's UU is a catapult, making him very dangerous in the early game.
  • Ashurbanipal is known to expand really fast, and is very powerful early on
  • To control Ashurbanipal, it is best to simply survive him until a bit later. He is known to attack neighbours.
Spoiler :

Ashurbanipal's border's expand. Mine still has about 7 turns to go.
Spoiler :

We meet Mehmed from the Ottoman Tribe

Quick Information on Mehmed
  • He's Expansive and Organized
  • His UU (Which replaces Muskets) tends to go obsolete quickly in AND. It's still quite a threat, however.
  • His Aqueduct replacing building gives extra happiness. With all the new happiness buildings in AND, it's not very helpful.
  • Mehmed will be boxed in from the beginning, so he will be itching for war against either me or the Byzantions West of Mehmed. His land is quite pathetic, however.
Spoiler :

We meet Cyrus of Persia

Quick Information on Cyrus
  • He is Charasmatic and Imperialistic
  • His Chariot replacing UU is severly weakened by forests and jungles. Outside of them, they are very powerful. I have forests to my west, but Cyrus is to my East. A threat indeed.
  • His Grocer replacing UB give's extra health. It's very handy for AND as many new buildings give off unwanted unhealthyness
  • Cyrus makes a good ally and a good vassal. It's best to leave him alone for a bit.
  • However, it is true that Cyrus can easily expand into Russia. It may be best to block him somehow.
Spoiler :

The border's of Baghdad finally expand, but it's nothing compared to the Assyrians
Spoiler :

We meet Zenobia of the Palmyrene's

Quick Information on Zenobia
  • Her traits are financial and scientific (Scientific is a trait that gives +1 Science and +10% Science as well as reducing production time for many science related buildings)
  • Her Spearman replacing UU is absolute garbage. It only gives +20% City Defence added onto what a normal Spearman get's. This UU does make it a problem to attack her in the early game, however.
  • Her Market replacing UB gives an extra trade route, and trade routes are always handy :D
  • You could probably guess from her traits that Zenobia is a scientific and money making powerhouse. I always tend to find her at the top of the "Wealthy" list.
  • Zenobia is rarely hostile and makes an excellent tech trading partner. She does occasionally found religions and tends to spread them very fast. One thing, however, is that she is very stingy with trading maps. I really have no idea why.
Spoiler :

Hey! Did you know that melee units are the backbone's of our armies? :p
Spoiler :

We meet Abu Bakr of the Arabians

Quick Information on Abu Bakr
  • His traits are spiritual and organized
  • His Camel Archer replaces the Knight and will dominate everything until gunpowder is founded. They also gain power while on desert's, which unfortunately, is what I'm sitting on.
  • His Library replacing UB give's extra culture. I guess...it would be helpful if it proved more than an extra 2 culture
  • With little room to expand, he will normally try to attack his closest neighbour (Zenobia, in this case). However, he is horrible at war and will easily capitulate. A good early target.
Spoiler :

We meet Ziebel of the Khazar's

Quick Information of Ziebel
  • His traits are aggressive and spiritual
  • His Knight replacing UU is immune to first strikes. *Yawn*
  • His Monument replacing UB give's -25% war :mad:. Useful, since long war's tend to make your citizen's very, very upset.
  • I never played against this guy before, so he's quite unpredictable. Somehow, I'm just guessing that he's gonna be a bit of a warmongerer. He's also starting underneath Russia, so they will be competing for land.
Spoiler :

A scout is born, ready to begin the exploration of our surroundings
Spoiler :

Kemetism is founded in Baghdad

Quick Information on Kemetism
  • Kemetism give's a research bonus in the holy city, but significantly less culture than other religions
  • Kemetism comes with 3 National Wonder's, each with their own specialty. All 3 are quite powerful when placed in the right city.
  • Kemetism's Unique World Wonder is...not...very good. At all. Guess it makes up for the fact that you get 3 free National Wonders.
  • Kemetism is typically the first religion to be founded
Spoiler :

Scout Diary Entry 1: The Beginning
"We journeyed off from our home city of Baghdad, excited to explore the world beyond. Our first task was to survey the lands to the east, and to see whether it was available for a new city. However, we found that it was not and was already occupied by the Persian's. Joining the other scouts, we were told of a vast and empty land to the north. Could this be the path to a great city location? We decided to follow the other scouts North."
~ February 26, 5055. BC
Spoiler :

A wedding marriage causes diplomatic relations to suffer between Iraq and the Ottoman's. Mehmed become's annoyed.
Spoiler :

Scout Diary Entry 2: The Lands to the North
"They were right! We followed the other scouts to the empty land to the north. However, as they turned East, we decided to turn West. We have only stumbled upon uninhabitable desert so far, however."
~ June 12, 4810. BC
Spoiler :

That's all for now. Since most of you don't use AND, I decided to take a more...informative approach. How do you guys like the new format?

Nice work! I might as well let you know: there's no Abu Bakr screenshot. Ziebel's in there twice :p

Very good start.

good update.

Top Bottom