Iron and Blood 2 - Game Thread

Mid-Turn Update

Event Decisions

Note: people who haven't send me a decision were automated

Spoiler :
Azadistan - Option 2: Back the Segregationists (new faction gives CP +20%/turn if ruling)

Bosnia (Automated) - Option 2: No thanks, we're not interested (no immediate effect)

Britain (Automated) - Option 1: Grant amnesty, extend political participation to the rebels (Scotland and Ireland become cores of Great Britain, National Unity decreases by 1)

CSA (Automated) - Option 2: Maybe we should tone it down a bit (no immediate effect)

France - Option 1: I trust in Andre Massena (gain 5 army strength, +100% defensive bonus this turn for Paris only, national unity -1)

Hejaz - Option 2: Enact conscription (gain 5 army strength, -2 National Unity)

Israel - Option 2: Suppress them (Gain 2IC in Lebanon, but the province will rise in revolt, Istanbul, Turkey and the Caliphate gain a casus belli against Israel)

Istanbul - Option 2: Follow the Militarists (gain 3 army strength, +25% offensive bonus this turn, -2 IC, Militarists become ruling faction)

Kongola (Automated) - Option 1: Grant autonomy to the tribes (Nativists remain in power, +1 National Unity)

Korea - Option 1: Recognise Manchurian independence, keep as a buffer state (gains a one-off bonus of 2 IC)

Mongolia - Option 1: Recognise Manchurian independence, keep as a buffer state (gains a one-off bonus of 2 IC)

Mediterranea - Option 1: Abandon Picardy, defend the homelands (gain 3 army strength, +25% defensive bonus this turn)

Papal State - Option 1: Grant limited autonomy (National Unity decreases by 1, gain 2 IC in Slavonia)

Paraguay - Option 1: Strike first (national unity +1, Culture Points set to zero, opposition factions purged)

Port Hadley (Automated) - Option 2: Arrest him and force him to return to Ceylon (rumours spread about Hadleyan "suppression of traders", Hadleyan envoys not welcomed for a while ie no colonisation this turn)

Scandinavia - Option 2: Let the political landscape rearrange itself (Monarchists dissolves, Purist faction arises, Republicans reformed as the Liberals, Liberals become new ruling faction)
(Liberal Faction: favours trade, limited expansion, strong federal state, has the support of reform-minded nobles and capitalists, gives -25% IC cost)
(Purist Faction: xenophobic, militant, gives +50% Defensive bonus and -20% CP/turn)

Turkey (Automated) - Option 2: Are you crazy? We're at war! (Gain 3 military strength, Ottomans becomes new ruling faction)

UNSA - Option 1: Give more to the Navy (+25% naval combat bonus this turn, -25% land combat penalty this turn)

Venediciya - Option 3: Kill him (Milli Gurur becomes new ruling faction, gain core on Peru, 33% chance of Janissary revolt in Peru)

New Stats

Spoiler Africa :

Spoiler Asia :

Spoiler Europe :

Spoiler America :

New Map

Spoiler :

Current Wars

War of Ottoman Succession |
Handschar Alliance | Istanbul Coalition
The Kingdom of Bosnia|The Free City of Istanbul
The Sublime Turkish State|The Second French Empire
The United Northern States of America|The Caliphate of the Hejaz
|The Papal State
|The Grand Duchy of Muscowy
|The Most Beloved Nation of Israel
|
War of Paraguayan Revolution |
The Republic of Paraguay|The Portuguese Empire
|
Lebanese Rebellion
Republic of the Lebanon|The Most Beloved Nation of Israel

You now have approximately 48 hours from the timestamp on this post to send in your orders.

Reminder:

All orders must be sent to me via PM, with the subject line “IB2 Order” followed by the name of your country (or, if you are sending one order for your whole alliance, the name of each of the countries in your alliance). Please put everything – this is, all spending, war plans, major diplomacy/alliance stuff I need to know about, and response to events – in the one message. If you are changing any of those, you must resend the entire order (ie not just the part you are changing). I will count the newest order I receive for your country or alliance as the official order, unless I receive a note (eg if you want your country orders to override the alliance’s, you must say so).

Can we have a PNG version of the map?

Declaration of the Independence
of the Millets of the Lebanon

The land of our religion and our ancestors are being encroached upon day and night by the Zionists. They come and rule without regard for Tradition. To us, the guardians of this land, they made inhumane laws and force us from our homes.

Even while the Zionists make a show of support for Istanbul, the Papal State, and the Caliphate, they, hypocrites as they are, oppress the Muslims and Christians in their own realms. Already, Palestine is unrecognisable, and our poor brothers who were forced to flee their homes made known to us the terror that the Jews have inflicted upon them; a fate for which we too are destined for, if we sit idly by.

But we shall not bow to tyranny! We are the guardians of this land! We resolve that Lebanon shall live! God is with us!

In the name of God, on behalf of the millets of Lebanon,

The Patriarchs of the Maronites, of the Assyrians, of the Romans, of the Armenians, the lords of the Druzes, and the Ulama of the Muslims,

Hereby declare the complete independence of Republic of the Lebanon.

Beirut, November 1821

=========================================

Messengers have been sent to Istanbul, Medina, Moscow, Rome, Paris, London, Berlin, Lisbon, Barcelona, Warsaw, Prague, Karaman, Gonder, Tunis and Wagadou requesting diplomatic recognition and aid against Israel.

The Lebanese have recognised Sultan Yahya of Istanbul as the rightful successor to Selim III and Ibrahim II of Hejaz as Caliph of the Muslims. The Maronite Christians, the largest millet in the country, recognises the Catholic Pope in Rome as head of the Church; the Orthodox Christians and Armenians recognise the authority of their respective patriachs in Constantinople.

Mongolia recognizes the Independence of the Millets of the Lebanon

Open Letter to the Government of Israel and to the Christians of the Holy Land

-

The Holy See is most displeased at the acts of persecution against the christians in the Holy Land in general and the region of Lebanon in particular. This is most distressing to us considering our current mutual interest in regards to our enemy Bosnia, and its apostate King.

As such the Holy See requests that Eretz Israel immediately, and without recompense to violence or intimidation, enters into negotiations with the christian and muslim minorities in general, and the millets of Lebanon in particular as to the liberties of minorities in Israel and in regards to finding a suitable arrangement that addresses the grievances of the people of Lebanon. The Holy See is willing to act as a mediator should Israel agree to such an occurance.

In this hope for such a dialogue and in the name of peace, we also request that Israel cease all persecution of christians and muslims in their dominion, and desist from all violence against minorities thoughout all Israel effective immediately in accordance with the law of moses which you profess to uphold. For it is written that Israel must not oppress the foreigners and minorities sojourning amongst it, “You must not wrong a foreigner nor oppress him, for you were foreigners in the land of Egypt." (Exod 22:21) and furthermore it is said "When a foreigner resides with you in your land, you must not oppress him." (Lev 19:33). Verily, it is also written that Israel must love those sojourners who dwell amongst it, something neglected of late by the state and its people. As it is written, "The foreigner who resides with you must be to you like a native citizen among you; so you must love him as yourself, because you were foreigners in the land of Egypt. I am the Lord your God." (Lev 19:34). The Holy See simply requests that Israel upholds the law of moses and the commands of God in regards to those christians and muslims who it has so grievously oppressed. Is Israel so hypocritical and faithless that it would deny the law that God passed to it?

Finally we also request that all churches in Jerusalem, Bethlehem and Nazareth be given extraterratorial status under the Holy See so that they may be given our diplomatic protection. This is so that the Holy Places can be protected from radical elements within the Israeli State, and so that christians everywhere, non-catholics included, can be assured of the continued security of the sacred places of our religion from extremists, and rest easily in the knowledge that they shall continue into the future to be open to pilgrimage and christian worship.

We request all these things in the hope of peace in the Holy Land, and in the hope that the co-existence between our two nations can continue to be amicable and non-confrontational. Obstinate persistance in continuing persecution and oppression of christians will otherwise result in a reassesment in the Holy See's relations with the State of Israel, and invoke a deeper level of involvement in this issue on the part of the Holy See.

~ Pius VII

Mexico looks good.

EDIT: Or Indo China

or even Switzerland/Austria, if you want to get in the European mix.

You can pick 3 territories (Capital and two others)

OOC: I don't think he necessarily needs three provinces; Port Hadley was able to start with only two provinces. I believe that three is the maximum you can claim at the start, but not the minimum required.

hmmm, I can see it there but not on the forum...weird.

Are you sure Switzerland is a good spot? Looks like a couple people might be pissed at me if I go there.

My original suggestion of Mexico is still the best ... If I was starting out.

I wouldn't recommend Mexico, as a player just south of it.

Top Bottom