Irrigation Bug on Regent Level???

yiboy

Chieftain
Just played C3C without the patch (can't download the patch coz my internet connection is too slow) and noticed that when you play on some civilizations you don't get an irrigation bonus after irrigating a tile.

Here's a list of civilizations that i have played. Not sure about the other civs

Civilizations without irrigation bonus
Japanese
Persians

Civilizations with irrigation bonus
Egyptians

Hope you guys can help

First off, welcome to CFC!

I don't thnik its a bug. You probably are forgetting that under despotism, you have a production penalty if food, shields or commerce(I think) exceed 2. E.g. grasslands produce 2 food and no shields. If you irrigate it under monarchy, it will produce 3 food but it won't under despotism. Therefore, in despotism, you should never irrigate grasslands. I think that should solve your problem.

Thanks for the info. But how come egyptians get a bonus and other civs don't?

They don't.

As warpstorm points out the Egyptians aren't getting a bonus over the other civs. Maybe you're irrigating floodplains and not plains? Floodplains produce 3 food so when irrigated thats 4 but then it goes back down to 3 cause of the despotism penalty. Or possibly you have a different government than despotism?

Do you have a save? Are you playing a scenario/conquest? I *think* what you're seeing is the agricultural effect on desert. You said Egypt had extra food. Was that on the Mesopotamia conquest? If so, then that's because they're agricultural.

Top Bottom