Is a CIV4 mod for CIV3 possible? Legal?

StepBangin

Chieftain
I bought CIV4 and it runs kinda slow on my computer, plus I absolutely love the way CIV3 plays and the 'feel' of the game. Is there any CIV3 mod that is basically the same as CIV4 as far as the Civs, Technologies, etc. go?

If there isnt one, is it possible to make one? Is it even legal?

I only got to play CIV4 for about 30 minutes before shutting it off becuase of the lag, so I dont really know what would be possible to incorporate in a CIV3 version of the game and what wouldnt be possible.

Theryman

King
Firaxis has not released to code for Civ3. As such, there is no way to make actual changes to the game, only to modify it slightly, so that it still works within the parameters of the code.

In other words, as of this time, no, there is not.

However, you could definitely make the civs and techs easily enough. Religion, not so much. Same with the weird corruption and mantainence on cities and such.

Marsden

Keeper of the HoF Annex
Hall of Fame Staff
I would like to keep civ 3 99% unchanged, but have the wonder movies from civ2 or maybe the ones from civ4, plus just a couple more movies for victories beside the spaceship. Why is the spaceship victory the only one that has a movie? Those things are the only thing I miss from other civs in 3.

Illusion13

King
The luxury system in Civ 4 is VERY different though, same with trading... So I am not sure whether it'd be possible at all...

Stargate

Space Time Keeper
halo StepBangin:
your answer is here Test IV Time which i made the mod of CIV4 play style in CIV3 game system...modified version...:lol:...thanks Civinator for reconmended it
as Theryman said..."there is no way to make actual changes to the game, only to modify it slightly, so that it still works within the parameters of the code"...i agree when i use every ideas to put it work as the real one as possible :D
i know how you feel about the lag...CIV4 need pc spec as high as...cpu 1.5, above 256mb ram...and the important grafic card with minimun NVidia MX400 updated patch...which i had...just the border line to play it...:p
the game have CIV4 civics government, religion, technologies, resources, units...etc
Let me know if you like it ;)

Top Bottom