Is all the information in "info addict" available in game?

Leathaface

Emperor
I can't see how info addict can find out how much Happiness or Culture another Civilization has.

I don't want to feel like i'm cheating when using infoddict. At least if I could view the information naturally in the game, that'd be OK.

A lot of the information from Info Addict can be found after you win a game, I think. But you can see a civ's happiness in the culture overview and I'm not sure about culture but that's probably somewhere in the culture overview too.

A lot of the information from Info Addict can be found after you win a game, I think. But you can see a civ's happiness in the culture overview and I'm not sure about culture but that's probably somewhere in the culture overview too.

Without mods you can only see those AIs happiness that have founded an ideology from that screen.

Can see their unhappiness if they're an enemy and see the - combat bonus, but besides that and ideology you can't see their happiness. Culture you can see from the tourism screen - even if it doesn't give you a cpt value there, just calculate the difference between turns to find out.

You can also get a rough approximate of people's happiness through the Satisfaction demographic. Can see most happy, least happy, and the average, and of the leading culture producer you know from the city state quests - you know they are 20 turns, divide total produced by 20 to get average culture per turn.

So if Info Addict kind of cheating the game in a way? I won't go so far as to label it out and out cheating, but definitely getting a start on the game.

You receive more information from infoaddict than you would without it. Is it cheating? Some say.

If receiving more information than normally available falls into your definition of cheating, then it surely is (it definitively falls within my definition). It presents information to the point that in some cases, not even the AI has it for decision making: one big example is the troops numbers. The AI uses the same categorical information that the human player gets from the military advisor to make related decisions, not the "real" number of troop strength. That is just one example.

i use it because i like to guage where everyone is and see how the AI is doing against me and if the games competitive or not. sure troop levels are there but you dont know how potent their units are. an army of 100,000 archers is no match for an army of 20,000 marines for example.

the world factbook alone is something i couldnt do without anymore.

You receive more information from infoaddict than you would without it. Is it cheating? Some say.

War, economy, success and defeat, love and hate, all are based on asymmetric information (and sometime luck). Information are the key. So for me, and how I play, more information with a mod is cheating.

War, economy, success and defeat, love and hate, all are based on asymmetric information (and sometime luck). Information are the key. So for me, and how I play, more information with a mod is cheating.

I agree 100%, which is why I don't use it either. I look for mods to make the game harder, like the Smarter AI mod.

I don't consider it cheating as it only provides information that should be provided to the player anyway and mostly was is in previous versions and i assume it was initially made simply to add features and screens that previous games had but were missing from civ 5.

If modding wasn't simply used as the devs lazy way to fix their games these days i believe much of what info addict does would actually be in the base game by now.

The most useful feature is Global Relations, especially since you can pull it up while in the trade screen.

In my opinion it's cheating. Imagine in multiplayer, I don't want the other see my stats, because if they see them, they might attack, it's like having a permaspy infiltrated in my country.

That information should be provided by a spy.

Top Bottom