Is anybody out there?

I mean the bulk of it is behind us, I don't think it's going to go another 200 turns. It might finish in say, oh, 10 turns from now.

I think a lot of people are subscribed directly to our team forums and simply don't think to look for a thread at this level unless someone points it to them. We've had a lot of people posting in our team forum in the time span from the opening of this thread until now, without them coming here. So don't take this "role call" as a measure of participation.

I actually thought council represented itself pretty well, actually.

Gong=0
Babe = 1

Saber = about 10

Free, I'm guessing is Bob so that's 1

And You guys, Council, about what you said, I wasn't sure until you posted, that was why I asked.

Also, turn delays were a reason. Rules and enforcement are issues I really don't want to even think about so saying a strict limit means nothing if it can't be enforced, but on the other hand if it's just one guy bluffing that there's a team with him and he's just there because disbanding would be weird then that's something else. I hope that's not happening, too much at least.

I thought Elephantum was on Babe, sorry. So Free's got 3, ok. :lol:

An Elephant never forgets. But they do work for peanuts.

Well, a large part of the reason for the delays is because we want people to be involved and comment. We could probably advance the save faster, but would have less fun if we did.

I'm glad at least one team finds this pace fun. I haven't checked with my teammates, but I think I speak for most of Saber when I say that interest in this game would have been a LOT higher if the game weren't so brutally slow.

Well, one good thing about the pace is I can sleep off a bender for a few days and I didn't miss anything. :thumbsup: Of course, that doesn't move the game along too well.

but I think I speak for most of Saber when I say that interest in this game would have been a LOT higher if the game weren't so brutally slow.

Are we still playing this game? I thought we won already. :dunno:

Well, a large part of the reason for the delays is because we want people to be involved and comment. We could probably advance the save faster, but would have less fun if we did.

I'd like to make a counter proposal. Given the complexity of the game at this point, how about we formally extend the turn timer to 48 hours, and then enforce that limit strictly instead? And yes, I mean that seriously.

:sarcasm:

You guys seem to have a LOT of fun right now...

Well, at least Team Saber is #1 in spam discussion.

Regarding the pace, I think our team was painfully aware of this in the ancient age and everyone bailed.

No one's posted in the Babe forum for about a year except Krill to tell me he doesn't have C3C and Daghdha to say "hello".

The current "pace" of the deathmatch is disappointing... :coffee:
Any bears around here, occasionally? :shifty:

It seems most people (like me) rather prefer ancient warfare over modern... :mischief:

Sorry for the delay, Paul. I thought I could sort some stuff and still have time to play the turn last night. Sorting took much longer than I expected (but got done) and so I played the turn tonight (Friday). The last time I played the turn late at night I made some boneheaded mistakes.

I really wish there was a way that we could save the game in midturn.

Top Bottom