Is anyone successfully playing the game yet?

I started playing at release time, and played for 83 minutes, until I had to go out. Wont be able to play again until 4 :(. Everything worked great, my specs are above recommended, and I have everything at max on 1650x1050. I dont know if AA is working or not, I didnt notice, but know it was on.

Anyone figure out how to hack the config file yet to turn off the intro Blink videos?

Copied from the 2K boards:

Go to "My Documents\My Games\Sid Meiers Civilization 5\" and open usersettings.ini in Notepad. About 15 lines down you will find "SkipIntroVideo = 0". Make this value 1 (to skip the intro movie).

seems like unless your residing in america you cant play it today

i feel heartbroken

I live in Canada (not America) and I got my copy this AM, installed it and have played it a bit before getting back to work today. Everything seems to check out OK. No lags, bugs, on installation or short game play. Will get back into it after work tonight!!!
Looks sweet so far!!!:goodjob:

I ran it over Teamviewer today cuz i was desperate to see what it looked like. It was slow but almost playable. ;D Got a E6850 (3GHZ) DUAL CORE, 4GB ram, Win7 x64, Radeon HD 5750. I'm sure it'll run just fine when I get home (UGGGGGH HURRRRRY WORK BE OVERRRRR)

Whats the problem with no AA? Is it everyone or just some people?

I live in Canada (not America) and I got my copy this AM, installed it and have played it a bit before getting back to work today. Everything seems to check out OK. No lags, bugs, on installation or short game play. Will get back into it after work tonight!!!
Looks sweet so far!!!:goodjob:

Canada is in America, you dummy ^^

So is Brazil!!!

1920x1080 DX11- (46" Sharp Aquos)
Win 7 64 bit
Plays like a dream on huge earth.

'k bye...(back to one more turn until thursday and work reappears on the horizon)

I played 45 turns this morning on a standard size map with max graphics settings, had no trouble whatsoever.

Yup, but we're not in North America. :)

So I'll (patiently) wait until the day after tomorrow. I do hope I still have nails by then :lol:
How did you get your copy? Steam? I tried D2D, as I wanted the extra civs, but apparently they don't sell to brazilian customers. And as far as I know, it won't be available in street stores any time soon.

How did you get your copy? Steam? I tried D2D, as I wanted the extra civs, but apparently they don't sell to brazilian customers. And as far as I know, it won't be available in street stores any time soon.

I tried D2D too because of the extra content, but they don't sell it to Brazil. I got my preorder on steam, then.

Unable to play Civ V at all. I have a Intel Core I7 Processor, 8 GB of Ram, ATI Radeon 5770 1 GB of Video Memory. Yet Game will not Start at all. Video Driver Updated, Direct X 11 Downloaded and Installed. Still unable to get game to run at all, Please help. System is Windows 7 64-Bit Version.:mad:

Mine is working just fine. Gtx 460, 4g ram. On high setting without a lag.

I had one graphical glitch. All the leader 3d model were turned multicolor. I saved and reloaded and it was gone.

Had a freeze wich lasted for 20 seconde maybe. Then the game came back and I'm enjoying it!

Top Bottom