Is Bismark the new Monty?

nekom

Warlord
So I'm 2 games in and halfway through a 3rd and in EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. Bismark has been hostile towards me, going to war with me in 2 games and it's looking pretty likely in my current game.

In my current game, we were on good terms until I allied with a couple city states, the only one near him being equally near me. Maybe he was gunning for it and that set him off? I don't recall what, if anything, set him off in the other games but for pretty much the entire game, at least medieval onward he was hostile.

So is he the new Monty? The one where as soon as you meet him you know you're in for a war? Or is it just me?

Heh, Bismark is always seemed to get along with me. Ramesses on the other hand? Me and him do not get along at all. If I find him near me early in the game I try and wipe him out as quick as I can these days.

Napoleon and alexander is pretty aggressive also. Napoleon around musketeers and alexander early with horsemen. Just as it should be :)

But I agree that bismark attacks fairly often

Yep, Bismarck definitely is gunning for the "new Monty" title. DoWed on me several times already... including the demo, and I was on bad terms with him in every game so far... including the demo.

While Monty himself is gunning for the "new roll over" title...

yep, bismark took over the whole world in my previous game it was about 2030, I had 7 cities and he had the whole of the rest of the world (tiny map I think, 4 players, king). I decided the only way to win would be to nuke berlin and capture it in one turn. It was on the coast and he seemed to have no navy at all so it looked at least feasible that it might work. Sadly his culture borders were so massive that I couldnt get in close enough to Berlin to hit it on the first turn of the war. I declared, moved in close enough to get it next go and ended turn. 20 cruise missiles come out of nowhere and destroyed all my units instantly :(

It was about 2040 at this point so I was hoping to at least make it to 2050 for a loss on score, I did not survive to see it. Pretty terrible beatdown, it was fun though :D

He's German, can you blame him?

England is fairly empirical and I still see Montezuma going nutso on folks. Napoleon is also quite the fan of conquest.

Edit: Heck, pretty much the only civs I've never seen be too blood thirsty are the ones they or myself are always taking over.

Every game i've been in with Bismark, we do research treaties for half the game, then he turns on me.

I still find Monty to be the new Monty; he's not as schizo as he was in previous iterations, but he still likes to attack everything that moves.

He's the leader I love to hate! Honestly it wouldn't be Civilization without Monty.

You just didn't realize he's adopted lebensraum, the unique social policy accessible only to Germany.

germany needs lebensraum...
But back in the real world, when i play Bismark is always my BFF... Too bad he sucks so bad in most games. Out of all the leaders, Bismark was the only one i never got angry...
Ramses seems to hate my guts for some reason, i find him, he offers a trade agreement, next turn, "Your cities are like a plague infecting the earth".
Darius has a personal vendetta against me too... I find him, he starts hating me almost instantly, and in the early Industrial era he attacks me, and when i beat him down like a dog he calls me a bloodthirsty warmonger.
Carthrine must be crazy, one turns she likes me, and asks me to help her out in her war against the Ottomans, then i want to get a open borders agreement with her and she goes tells me that she hopes my war effort fails...
Ghandi hates me too it seems...
And Napoleon...
Oh and Asika...
Did i mention Elizabeth? Yeah, she is a pain...

I declared, moved in close enough to get it next go and ended turn. 20 cruise missiles come out of nowhere and destroyed all my units instantly :(

So not only are cruise missiles effective now but the AI also knows how to use them?

AWESOME! :D

So not only are cruise missiles effective now but the AI also knows how to use them?

AWESOME! :D
Well...yes and no. I thought I had a descent shot at taking the capital as he seemed to have no navy and no airforce BUT I really should have had no chance at all. I had just about managed to beeline up to the first nuke tech and he was already rolling around in modern armours. He literally could have steamrollered me and won the game at any moment, as he proved when I finally declared war on him. I think if he really knew how to use them he would have used them on me long ago :p

You just didn't realize he's adopted lebensraum, the unique social policy accessible only to Germany.

:lol: He said "We need living space" or something like that when he declared on me once...

I hate Alexander. One time he asked me to join him in a war with China, and I hated China crawling down my back, so I agreed. Shortly after I joined HIS war, he and Rome apparently were planning to go to war with ME. I was now at war with everyone around me, and frankly pissed right off at Alexander.

In my (limited) experience, Alexander is the new Monty. But then, I haven't seen Monty yet in V. Started playing as him just to avoid seeing him.

:lol: He said "We need living space" or something like that when he declared on me once...

Whoah, that's a little ominous, huh? :eek:

So far I haven't played against Bismarck but Monty himself seems to talk the talk without walking the walk. In my current MP game, he's got a lot of units - actually a HUGE army given his small empire - but he's afraid to use them. Possibly because he sees my just-as-numerous and far more advanced army staring across his border. :lol:

I've had both kinds of Bismark. Very aggressive and declaring war on me very early, or he has been sucking up to me, research agreements and secrecy pacts, etc.
I think monty still wins as the most nuts leader, I've had him just declare war on me for seemingly no reason, only to offer peace, then turn around and declare war again, even though I am ahead in tech and military strength. Very loopy, but I like it. With the new mechanics being near monty doesn't make me cringe, it's much easier to defend now. :)

Top Bottom