Is conquering the world with your religion even possible?

gorilla warfare

Chieftain
I wanted to play it different this time. I win if i wipe out all other religions.

Is it even possible, though?
My last experience was that i made disappear the holy city status of an enemy by my prophet. Only to see him fully recovered after 3 turns. In return you better never allow to let this happen with your holy city by an enemy missionary. My holy city status was destroyed after the first time and so my whole religion in the long run.

I have no other choice than conquering every holy city and use inquisitors. This is so hard though, because somehow they can build so many missionaries. At the end i have no choice to turn this into a big world conquest. The Brotherhood of Nod could only dominate by brutal force. :crazyeye:

sorry for bad english.

it's as possible as domination victory is :)

Just conquer the world like a domination victory but target the religious AI first. wipe out their holy cities with inquisitors and flip the rest with prophets and missionaries. There's a reformation belief that makes all missionaries like mini-prophets that actually wipe out several converts of other religions with every use. That + Mosque of Jenne is the best combo for this that I've seen.

I am finishing up Immortal Alphabet Game 19 - Harun al Rashid ( http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=571779 ) going full Piety with Mosques, Pagodas, Tithe, and Itinerant Preachers. The early religious pressure spread far and wide, taking over the other 4 religion's cities. I captured the first capital early (which would have been swamped as well by their own city spam). I GP'd and Inquisitored the second's Holy City (non-capital) a while ago after capture, and will GP the third's on the last turn. This is perhaps the only game I have ever tried to convert Friendly other cities. I shrugged off the 2nd Hostile civ's complaints, but backed off on the third's and fourth's. His final holdout city has +105 my religion and 0 pressure, his capital has +107 mine and +36 his.

I currently have like 87 cities on Pangaea with Islands with my religion, and just the 2 holdouts. The 4th civ's neighbor spammed 15 island cities and 14 continental cities (including captures).

It's pretty easy if you're willing to commit to a domination game. Just make sure the AI doesn't have Itinerant preachers. Capture all holy cities, use inquisitor on them, and buy prophets in the city with Mosque of Djenne.

I always play dom. It's easy enough on lower difficulties but near impossible on higher. I've only managed this once on Emperor and frankly the last half of the game was a boring wait to save enough faith, whilst keeping the last AI capital under siege until I'd done it. Not recommended as a rewarding game.

Top Bottom