Is Honor worth it?

You can think of Discipline as a GG upgrade or 1 flanking offset. I found it quite noticeable in my war heavy games. It has a more long term effect than early liberty/tradition traits imo.

I have been developping a resource-less (no horses/iron) rifle rush that can be done relatively sustainably for deity where you get 6-8 super promoted rifles on turn 120 and the savings from professional army are pretty substantial. The point of the strat being to upgrade UU that are tied up to musketmans, (either ottomans' janissary or american minutemen) the savings from PA allow you to get 1-2 extra units with the sexy UA which is awesome (the UU becomes obsolete on turn 120 so you can't hardbuild a bunch of them, gotta purchase).

The only thing I dislike about the honor tree right now is that PA is on one side and the 1.5 exp is on the other -_- I'd kill to have them both in the same path as I can't afford to spend my first 6 PAs in there, patronage is too substantial to catch up on research as soon as your warmongering begins.

Top Bottom