Is it a bug?

JMK

King
You don't need sanitation to have hospitals!
You can capture cities with a population of 14 or higher.
This is interesting, as you now have the possibility/ability to build Battlefield without having researched/bought Sanitation, and of course without having built any Hospitals.

This seams to be true for Wall Street as well. If you you can capture 5 cities with bank (CIV III) or Stock Exchange (PTW) you can build Wall Street.

I am just wondering if you consider this as a bug?

Thats interesting. I ussually skip Sanitation, but I never think to calculate how many capture city I had captured. But for one thing, without sanitation I never been able to build battlefield. Most likely, I havent enough captured city with hospital in it.

If thats true, IMO, its a bug. The city should have been less than 12 and hospital been destroyed. May be we should vote :D

Well, think about it. If one nation is at war with another, and Nation B has hospitals and a large population, it's not going to go away just because Nation A has taken the city.

Will it be as effective? No, probably not. Should Nation A get a chance to steal sanitation because they've captured cities that posses the tech? A small chance, yes. But is it realistic? I think so.

Maybe from a pure gameplay standpoint it's a bug, but I don't see a problem with it as it is.

Turner_727 said:
Well, think about it. If one nation is at war with another, and Nation B has hospitals and a large population, it's not going to go away just because Nation A has taken the city.

Will it be as effective? No, probably not. Should Nation A get a chance to steal sanitation because they've captured cities that posses the tech? A small chance, yes. But is it realistic? I think so.

Maybe from a pure gameplay standpoint it's a bug, but I don't see a problem with it as it is.

Well my question was rather regarding the ability to build the battlefied while you are not even able to build Hospital in your own city.

Turner_727 said:

Realistic. Yes, its realistic, the same thing with library and university :D
The only thing is, it "could be" an exploit. Players just ignore the sanitation, but only take enough cities larger than size 12 to build battlefield.

JMK said:
Well my question was rather regarding the ability to build the battlefied while you are not even able to build Hospital in your own city.

Ahhh....that's a different question. (well, different from the one I saw. ;))

IMO, you shouldn't be able to build those without the required tech. In my mind, it makes sense that one must have an understanding of the tech (such as researching or buying it) in order to get the benefits of a wonder or small wonder. One, two, even maybe a half dozen cities that have hospitals...Six may be stretching it, but it is still conceivable.

binyo66 said:
Realistic. Yes, its realistic, the same thing with library and university :D
The only thing is, it "could be" an exploit. Players just ignore the sanitation, but only take enough cities larger than size 12 to build battlefield.
To those that use ICS, maybe. Wouldn't work for me. I like the bigger cities, myself.

I think there is another type of player who will enjoy this thread. Player who dont use ICS, but hate pollution. Its like me. unfortunately, I like BattleField. Except I am doing MM (like my deity last time), I dont bother with hospital and size 12 (and sacrifying Battlefield). But, once I know about this (exploit or not :D), in my own game, it surely change the way I think about war in modern era. I may not bother buying Sanitation (I ussually buy when its very cheap, and for the battlefield sake, I will let couple cities have hospital). and If I play that long... :D

Nowadays I'm usually too impatient to play games where I have to attack metropoles. But I do like Turner_727's idea (if it's meant to be interpreted as an idea) of giving the player a chance to steal Sanitation if he captures a hospital (and has Espionage).

Capturing harbours I find more useful. Before Map Making the chance that a harbour will actually be useful is very small, because you probably don't have any other harbours in your core cities to connect to, but I like not having to build harbours myself in the early stages of a game.

When u capture cats without math u destroy them, right ?
IMO that should be the same with buildings, u cannot use hospitals and pay for maintenance if u don't know how it works, i.e. if u don't have the tech...
BTW, regarding hospitals, it could be cool to have natural starvation at the moment u take say a size 16 metro, easier to deal with riotting and culture flip :D

Top Bottom