Is it Just Me?

Brutus2

Prince

From Day 1, I have thought the red numbers on blue background was impossible to read and I assumed it would get changed eventually but development has ended with no change, and I have never found a mod that changes this which makes me think maybe it's just me?? I have tried the various color-blind options but none of them change this. I have tried searching the steam workshop with no luck so I thought maybe someone here would know a mod that makes this easier to read. Preferably something that only changes this (I don't want a ton of UI changes that I don't need).

Thanks!

You could try changing your options on your monitor/screen and see if that helps more then the in game options.

You could try changing your options on your monitor/screen and see if that helps more then the in game options.
I suppose, but I was really wondering if many people have a hard time reading this or if it's just my eyesight. I don't really want to mess around with the monitor colors because then everything else will look wrong and It's really just the red numbers on blue background that I can't see. The devs must have looked at this all day long for years and never changed it, so I'm guessing it's just me??

It is not just you. According to accessibility testing, this does not pass accessibility checks therefore it is a violation. Source: https://webaim.org/resources/contrastchecker/

1660496654441.png

As a whole, I believe the civilization series is rather inaccessible. Not sure if the video games industry tends to prioritize this, though.

I'm sure it's possible to modify these colors by looking at the UI code that powers these. In Civ 5, the entire graphical user interface was available to edit by modders if you tried hard enough to change it.

Top Bottom