Is it possible to mod the 1.c4 load image 2. Have 2 save directories

MacGyverInSpace

Monarch
Just wondering, two minor things worth half a thread:
1. Is it possible to modify the load image that a companies the loading bar and the messages 'check xml ... init engine...init fonts etc.'? A while ago I altered the image in the civ4 res folder to be more FFHy but it failed to load it which means that it may be embedded into the Core DLL or somewhere. But the angle shot of the A.P. doesn't fit FFH too well.

2. Can a mod have its own save-game directory? When one is playing a BtS and an FFH game/scenario concurent/intermittently, its annoying to have your autosaves deleted or to have to rename directors. Is it possible to set the default save directory for when FFH is loaded to share the folder with the Trophy data?

1: You can only modify that screen in the base Civilization 4 directory, which means the modification would affect all other mods (ie - Final Frontier), and plain BtS, Warlords, base Civ.... seZereth and I struggled to get around that when re-designing the HUD, but couldn't get better than that (and FfH policy is not to touch anything outside of FfH's folder). This goes for the icons on the screen you see while loading a map after the custom game/play now setup. I realized after typing that you meant the one you see between desktop and starting Civ at all. I would suspect not since neither Afterworld nor Final Frontier have a custom screen there.

2. Not that I am aware of. I'm not even sure how to manually re-assign my default save location for all of BtS though, so it could be possible I suppose.

1. As for those, you could offer something that works for both civ and FFH, less generic than Blue Marbles Pic of Earth and Better than the helmet...Mod Mod due to the sensible policy though.

Hmm...Is it excessive to make a TC of an incredible modular game with a not so tiny resource directory just for that?

2. I think there's something in config or registry.

; Save Path - relative to working (Civ4) folder
FileName = 0

Under [game] in CivilizationIV.ini . A little limited unless their is a code for super-directories (vs sub) in directory lines

You can make a shortcut and add ini=Whatever.ini to the path (e.g. "E:\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" ini=FfH.ini), make a copy of CivlizationIV.ini with that name, and edit the save folder in the new config file as mentioned above.

Top Bottom