Votes: 11 7.5%
  • No, but probably will be in a small DLC soon

Votes: 114 78.1%
  • No, but probably will be in a major expansion later

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sigh.

No, poland is not in the vanilla game. Why would they keep it hidden just a few days before release? 2K does want to sell as many copies as possible after all.

Reasonably likely to be a DLC before the first expansion though.

My theory is, that given their presence on the leaderboard bingo, that Jadwiga and Isabella will come most likely within the first 90 days.

Why would think America is the 'flagship' civ?

It's a game made by an American company and the United States is still one of the biggest markets for video games. It only recently got replaced by China, but I don't know how well Civilization does in China.

It's a game made by an American company and the United States is still one of the biggest markets for video games. It only recently got replaced by China, but I don't know how well Civilization does in China.

Steam considers the EU it's biggest market by far, although I dont know if it's fair to a consider it as a single entity. Strategy and historical games tend to have a bigger share of the market in the EU than in the US too.

Maybe Poland will be a "Free DLC" a la Mongols in Civ V. Just to sweeten the whole DLC deal a bit for the players.

Another possibility is that the first of the four Deluxe DLCs will be a Leader + Civilization Pack with Isabella for Spain and the polish civ.

Only one winged hussar is in the intro. Not more or less. He is single by purpose. My bet is a free DLC or first DLC, or first civ added to the game, or first something... one hussar? Come on :) It is like Khan horde with one horseman.

The Aztec are already the Free day 1 dlc if pre-ordered (and other wise after 90 days but still free).
I presume that Poland with Jadwiga is one of the four Deluxe Version DLC's and so will be Isabella of Spain (as probably the first 2 to be released).

Surely Poland will be added as DLC, my guess is it wil be the first DLC that comes on day 1, just like Babylon for Civ 5... the Ottomans, Persia, Isabella as a second Spanish leader might follow

My theory is still a WW2 scenario/leader/dlc pack in which Poland is also part.

My theory is still a WW2 scenario/leader/dlc pack in which Poland is also part.
Jadwiga totally makes sense for a WW2 theme. :p

Surely Poland will be added as DLC, my guess is it wil be the first DLC that comes on day 1, just like Babylon for Civ 5... the Ottomans, Persia, Isabella as a second Spanish leader might follow
I agree with this. I feel that at least one of the DLCs must be day 1, otherwise they would have simply given our accounts codes for these DLCs for whenever they came out down the road after launch.

They'll likely be added later as (part of) DLC. The comparison to Civ V's intro showing vikings makes sense to me.

I do not expect any kind of additional content on day 1. The Aztecs are sorta like day 1 DLC, they just announced them too early.

Well, the First Looks usually turn up on Wednesdays (US time). So I will let you know my thoughts by this time tomorrow ;).

At least some data from Poland remained in the Vanilla Version:

Icons_Civ Poland.png

There is more, including something that can tell what Poland theme is going to be or what they considered to use at least. Seems to be the first song here: https://www.amazon.com/Mountains-Polish-Mountain-Fiddle-Music/dp/B000000G9M . If it's true then it's kinda disappointing since it's known to almost no one probably (I mean in Poland). They have had much better choices like this for example (if Kraków is supposed to be the capital because of Jadwiga):

Last edited:
Top Bottom