Is Poland the easiest Civ?

BillDon

Chieftain
Just take tradition and beeline national college. Get to education ASAP but don't completely neglect your military techs. If you can fit in the Oracle, which seems to stick around forever, it just creates a snowball effect. You end up finishing a social policy way faster than you would have, which gives you a huge advantage early no matter how you want to win. The remaining free policies allow you to dab into a policy here or there from branches you aren't focusing on, whereas otherwise those detours would really cost you.

Unique B is situational but seems to offer decent bonus when combined with stable. Unique U provides a place in your empire for all those pikemen who ended up shown up by your muskets.

They're definitely easier to do vanilla strategies with than any other civ. It's nice though, because what makes the normal strategies so easy also gives Poland the flexibility to do more oddball stuff that you wouldn't have the resources to do as any other civ.

Casimir may be the king of science and culture, but Harun al Rashid is definitely the emperor of domination!

It's debatable, but IMO it's the most flexible since it gets lots of social policies it can really be anything. Combined with warmonger UB & powerful UU, it can go REALLY tall, REALLY wide, a WAR MACHINE, religious zealot, really anything. Also I always have plenty of incense, salt, & sometimes wine when I spawn which is always awesome so yes VERY powerful civ.

It's the most flexible Civ, that's for sure. You can really pursue any victory condition with Poland. It's also the Civ with the UA that's the easiest to put to good use.

Poland stronk!

I'm kinda addicted to Poland now. Whenever I pick any other civ, I always miss these bonus policies. It simply feels wrong not to have them.

In my opinion yes they are at least one of the easiest civs. This is due to their versatility entirely they can thrive in any situation compared to some of the others who get screwed because they don't have iron or aren't on the coast. They don't have to do anything except what you would want to do anyway.

While scattered extra policies while waiting for Rationalism isn't a total waste; I think it's a very sub optimal use of Poland's UA.
I think it's much better to use Poland's UA to complete 2 trees before the Rean era even begins; which Poland can do. (Followed by the standard Rationalism)
Some possibilities: Piety + Tradition (with a pantheon that produces culture or food or hammers) for flexability with an extra Great Scientist or Enginner.
Another one is Tradition + Aesthetics for going after a Cultural victory.

Top Bottom