Is that possible to choose starting position?

IkM

King
Hello folks!

I want to play as Huns but no matter how many times I restart the game, there is only 1 or 2 pastures max, near my starting position. Once, in my Mayan campaign, there was over 12 camp near my capital. So, it would be good to start with 5-6 or more pastures.

Also, I tried numberless times to start in desert as Morocco but never find desert nearby except my last try. In desert, Morocco is epic.

So, I'm wondering that if it's possible to choose before starting game.

Thanks.

Have you disabled start bias or tried pangea plus? Some maps sound like they contain more resources in their land.

Have you disabled start bias or tried pangea plus? Some maps sound like they contain more resources in their land.

I don't think so. Because I actually don't know how to do it. Rest of factions start in positions fit their play-style. Ottomans, Byzantine, Assyrians etc. But those 2 don't.

Try using Legendary Start in the Advanced Options when you set up the game.

Yes, tried that as well. Result is same. max 2 pastures but mostly no pastures at all.

Try using Abundant resources (as opposed to legendary start) - Legendary start does not necessarily add pasture resources to your start location (rather, it's "add x number of bonus resources and an extra 1-2 luxuries at start location").

Abundant resources flat out increases the total number of resources (luxury, bonus, and strategic) on the map (although spread out more evenly, as opposed to being concentrated in capital regions).

If you're looking for a higher chance of desert start (along with just more desert in general on the map), I suggest you set the weather(?) setting from Temperate → Arid/Dry.

Try using Abundant resources (as opposed to legendary start) - Legendary start does not necessarily add pasture resources to your start location (rather, it's "add x number of bonus resources and an extra 1-2 luxuries at start location").

Abundant resources flat out increases the total number of resources (luxury, bonus, and strategic) on the map (although spread out more evenly, as opposed to being concentrated in capital regions).

If you're looking for a higher chance of desert start (along with just more desert in general on the map), I suggest you set the weather(?) setting from Temperate → Arid/Dry.

What does legendary start actually do?

What does legendary start actually do?

The effects, in the order they are defined inside AssignStartingPlots.lua:

• +2 Bonus Resources around the starting area.
  • Add additional bonus to first ring.
  • Add bonus to second ring.
  • Places 2, instead of 1 type of luxury at the start.

@TH

Thanks a lot man. I started as Huns (Tried Legendary one more time) and I got at least 7-8 pastures. Not all of them close to my main city but not that far either, like 3-4 tiles away.

Just one word for the Huns; Awesome! I forgot how they were great, since I give up to try them because of no pastures. I got just 4 Rams and 4 HA and storming the entire map. First kicked Shaka then Brazil. Razed all their cities. -except capitals- now, took a city from China and going to get her capital. Almost all my horse archers have 2 shoot ability and they are like Keshiks lol.

Anyway, thank you all for helping. :)

Regards.

@TH

Thanks a lot man. I started as Huns (Tried Legendary one more time) and I got at least 7-8 pastures. Not all of them close to my main city but not that far either, like 3-4 tiles away.

Just one word for the Huns; Awesome! I forgot how they were great, since I give up to try them because of no pastures. I got just 4 Rams and 4 HA and storming the entire map. First kicked Shaka then Brazil. Razed all their cities. -except capitals- now, took a city from China and going to get her capital. Almost all my horse archers have 2 shoot ability and they are like Keshiks lol.

Anyway, thank you all for helping. :)

Regards.
Youre welcome and good luck.

Top Bottom