Is the AI cheating by default?

Koren

Chieftain
Hello everyone it seems soemthign fishy is going on, i have a total clean CiV5 isntallation without any other mod, and wlel playing Nights on price difficulty it seems the AI has cheat enabled? While ic an abrely keep around 6 cities and a modest army a bit into the game buildign colliseums and such the AI has around 10 cities and a hgue army is this done cause the AI is bad with these restrictions? Does it follow the same rules than we do with unhappiness?

Also i have observed that AI doesnt really wants to sign peace when they start a war unless you are conquerign them, even if they dont attack for like 10 turns+ they dont even wanna ehar about epace, whats going on?

Thank you

sometimes they wont sign peace when you have 8 swordsmen next to their final city.

this flaw is in civ 5 not civ nights :)

How about the AI being able to ignore whatever unhappiness they get?

Would removing this infinite Happiness bonuses and making it have to endure the same ahrdships than the player break the AI?

I just find silly they can maintain 2 tiems the city I can and a much bigger army than me fair. the AI should have the same bonuses and penalties as the player.

Would removing this infinite Happiness bonuses and making it have to endure the same ahrdships than the player break the AI?

I just find silly they can maintain 2 tiems the city I can and a much bigger army than me fair. the AI should have the same bonuses and penalties as the player.

It would break the AI, yes. Unlike CIV IV's local happiness, the global happiness mechanic in CIV V is more or less just a difficulty hindrance to the player and doesn't overly affect the AI's decision making. If you're fairly new to the mod and coming from vanilla CIV V, you'll probably have difficulty keeping up with the AI's expansion.

As you learn the ins and outs of NiGHTS, you'll come across particular strategies involving build orders, policies, methods for growing your population, and recruiting unhappiness-free barbarians that will allow you to keep pace with the AI rather easily on the mid-lower difficulty levels.

Civ difficulty levels have never been about making the AI actually play any better, and instead have always been about AI bonuses, and CIV V is no different. One of CIV V's main problems is that it does such a poor job of concealing these bonuses. In previous versions of the series, a player would look at the rate at which an AI expands and chalk that up to good gameplay, as any potential bonuses were relatively under the hood - while in CIV V we get pop-ups telling us impossible-without-cheating happiness figures that tend to break immersion to some extent.

I find it highly unlikely that global happiness in it's current basic form will ever make a reappearance in any future Civ titles. :crazyeye:

Doh i guess im not exprienced enough, I tho the difficulty made the AI play better not give silly bonuses. I guess im a lil frustrated because 3 different AIs decided to bang on me for apprently nothing, just declaring war to another one who ahd been in war with 1 of them before, its just weird, and they wont sign peace now at all even when they are atatcking me.

Doh i guess im not exprienced enough, I tho the difficulty made the AI play better not give silly bonuses. I guess im a lil frustrated because 3 different AIs decided to bang on me for apprently nothing, just declaring war to another one who ahd been in war with 1 of them before, its just weird, and they wont sign peace now at all even when they are atatcking me.

The diplomatic AI is... interesting. :crazyeye: It's far less aggressive in NiGHTs compared to vanilla CIV V, but it still tends to act irrationally at times. I'm hoping there's a few tweaks to the system as a whole included in the upcoming patch - and if not, I'll keep working on it for future updates.

Is there any way to make an agression decay over time if no agressive actsa re comitted?

Maybe im asking to much but how dod enouncements work? if someone denoucnes you EVERYONE hates you mroe? or only the people they have signed friendships with? What about the denoucner? your friends hate him?

im not sure how the denouncing mechanic works but i have noticed that when i denounce an AI, nobody behaves differently, and when an AI denounces me nobody behaves differently.

There is no price index difference in trade goods, no messages like "my friends don't like you...", no change in likelyhood of weather or not to go to war.

I think it affects a few things, but the AI doesn't seem to care what the other AI's think enough to respect the bounds of me looking across the table at you and complaining the third player has too much resources.

Top Bottom