Is there a discord channel?

Bobisback

Emperor
Do you guys have a discord channel or some other form of chat setup for this project. I got some questions about it.

Basically I wanna see how hard it will be to merge this into the superpowers mod. The superpowers mod is based on the DLL - Various Mod Components mod by whoward69. Which I understand this project was built off of.

So just wondering if there is any other forms of communication besides the forums you guys use?

Thanks,
Bob

Ya I am not to fond of discussion on github, it really should focus more on bugs imo.

Why do you need a discord channel to ask your questions?

Github is where the source code is. If you want to look at it.

It seems superpower use the howard's dll. So the cp one should be a as-is replacement.
But my advice is to not use the xml & sql of superpower as-is, you should rewrite all changes, because the changes are not based on vanilla but on 'this'.

Ya I got a huge list of stuff to change with super powers, not sure if I am going to do a public release, Right now focus is just so me and about 5 friends can play without the issues we are having. I am going to put the project on github shortly with the changes I have done so far.. Most of this stuff is personal taste so not sure how others will like it.

Surprisingly enough so far from what I see the dll change should be pretty easy. Getting the city states, YNAMP, and civ 4 diplo might be pretty hard though. Also i wanna get a multiplayer solution to the buttons not working in multiplayer as well. Right now focus is on retreat stuff as this is killing the ai in my games. Going to put something very similar to the RED WW2 mechanic. Either way though this is all grossly off topic hahaha.

It would just be nice to have access to a couple of devs on the community project for questions related to the dll, but i can just use the forums for now.

Last edited:
Ya I got a huge list of stuff to change with super powers, not sure if I am going to do a public release, Right now focus is just so me and about 5 friends can play without the issues we are having. Here are some of the things I am trying to change on superpowers right now. Most of this stuff is personal taste so not sure how others will like it.

Here is the link to the google doc I have going with my change log so far.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fgX4B0ujTU_weBJYoCA6TgVWDCBnGJKEPzEbXAvVHGs/edit?usp=sharing

Surprisingly enough so far from what I see the dll change should be pretty easy. Getting the city states, YNAMP, and civ 4 diplo might be pretty hard though. Also i wanna get a multiplayer solution to the buttons not working in multiplayer as well. Right now focus is on retreat stuff as this is killing the ai in my games. Going to put something very similar to the RED WW2 mechanic. Either way though this is all grossly off topic hahaha.

It would just be nice to have access to a couple of devs on the community project for questions related to the dll, but i can just use the forums for now.

No plans for a discord - github or the forums are perfectly acceptable for asking questions.

G

When life gives you lemons, you make a lemonade. Github and discord are very good social platform for dev, but not many people have it, some only has one of it. It would be best to make a discord group for more feedback, which would be invaluable. (Never too much feedback for great mods)

When life gives you lemons, you make a lemonade. Github and discord are very good social platform for dev, but not many people have it, some only has one of it. It would be best to make a discord group for more feedback, which would be invaluable. (Never too much feedback for great mods)
I understand Gazebo. That's too much work to check on every platform, discuss changes AND make approved changes into the game.
I think you can discuss about the game wherever you please, just don't expect developers to join the talk.

I understand Gazebo. That's too much work to check on every platform, discuss changes AND make approved changes into the game.
I think you can discuss about the game wherever you please, just don't expect developers to join the talk.
He doesn't necessarily need to be there however, there's value to having a discord despite that. I'm sure there are quite a few people feeling more comfortable dropping a question in a chat compared to creating a thread (and we both know people are bad at finding the existing threads :D). Could also be used to discuss potential bugs before wasting the time reporting it to github. I'm certain that quite a few people shy away from reporting things simply because they're not sure if they've run into some kind of weird quirk instead of an actual bug.

There is a channel for VP on the civ subreddit discord. Go check it out! Not too active but you talk to people there occasionally

Top Bottom