[BTS] Is there a way to prevent auto workers from changing a specific tile?

CancerousOrdo

Chieftain
I often find myself creating canals using forts, but my automated workers occasionally roll up and try to replace the fort with something else. Is there a way to put some sort of flag on a specific tile telling auto workers to leave it alone?

I often find myself creating canals using forts, but my automated workers occasionally roll up and try to replace the fort with something else. Is there a way to put some sort of flag on a specific tile telling auto workers to leave it alone?
Check game options. An option is there for "Automated Workers leave Old Improvements"

Check game options. An option is there for "Automated Workers leave Old Improvements"
I don't think that will do what I need. I want auto workers to modify old improvements as the game determines is necessary, but I want the ability override it on a per-tile basis.

I don't think that will do what I need. I want auto workers to modify old improvements as the game determines is necessary, but I want the ability override it on a per-tile basis.
There's no option for what you want. By the way, automating workers is generally bad, and most certainly bad at the game's discretion. Workers are the most important unit in the game, and should be managed meticulously and carefully, especially early game. I might automate some late game, but generally only for trade networks.

The game will definitely do some messed up stuff with improvements. Just look at how bad the AI improves their land.

I usually just auto-infrastructure them. By the time I get to auto-worker stage in game there aren't too many tiles that need critical improvement. The infrastructure mode will make them make roads everywhere in border only so it doesn't mess with improvements. As a giggle, at times I'll focus all but one or two on a single crap city and have them improve just that city. Tundra cities are ripe for this.

Top Bottom