Is this a bug or is it just me?

Dragoon1

Chieftain
After a very long time I went installing Civ4 Colonization and the latest patch 1.01f again after almost 1 1/2 years.

I noticed two things that makes me wonder. First I seem to spawn always at the same place. I spawn always in the south. No matter which map size or difficulty I select. Never the middle or the north of the map. I think I even spawn the same coordinates.

Second, the European AI seems to be broken when selecting where to settle. I one instance the AI sailed all the way down to the south cap to settle right next to me.
Made no sense, as it would hurt them extremely with no special bonus available and boxed in between me and a indian settlement. Seems strange to mea that European tend to rather settle clustered together and leave most of the map unoccupied (at normal map size).

I wonder if the game is supposed to behave like that, and if there are some solutions to this behavior that I don't like.

One more thing when I set in the .ini
MapRandSeed = anynumber
it will create always the same map right?

After a very long time I went installing Civ4 Colonization and the latest patch 1.01f again after almost 1 1/2 years.

I noticed two things that makes me wonder. First I seem to spawn always at the same place. I spawn always in the south. No matter which map size or difficulty I select. Never the middle or the north of the map. I think I even spawn the same coordinates.

Yes this is a bug and it was introduced by the patch. In the original version you started in a random position, now you always start in the south. It is very annoying.

good to know im not the only one that noticed that weird how the patch added a bug lol

Top Bottom