Is this a bug?

old_civver

Chieftain
Botm 26. Just before stealing a worker. 2 workers to choose from, side by side on the border.

Turn 1: I dive in and grab one.
Turn 2: the second worker just stands there (petrified in terror? :)
Turn 3: So I take the second worker as well.

Why didn't the second worker run away on turn 2?

Attachments

• jbwar1.JPG
    jbwar1.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 149
  • jbwar2.JPG
    jbwar2.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 137
  • jbwar3.JPG
    jbwar3.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 110
Because it got stuck on trying to improve the tile. This bug affects the human workers also. This is why you should always cancel actions when any barbs are near.

That hasn't happened to me before... All my workers stop what they are doing when enemies are near. Even if I have a whole stack of units on top of them, to protect them.

If you declared war on the turn before you nabbed the worker, you weren't technically the enemy yet.

But in any case, it looks to be that Persia really, really wanted those 'phants and just made a dumb decision to not move the worker away. In picture 1, the worker on the eastern 'phants is fortified (squatting pose). In Pic 2, it looks like he is digging (for a road). The AI is always a little silly on worker actions.

I personally love when I chariot-rush in and there is a worker two tiles away. Next turn, the worker is mine. :) The AI doesn't consider that the chariot is good for two movement and won't move the worker.

Conversely, I've had many a worker sniped by rogue barb horse archers in a similar manner :mad:

The AI doesn't consider that the chariot is good for two movement and won't move the worker.

That was fixed quite some time ago, but it is not fool-proof. And the AI still does not understand that KK's UU ignores terrain.

Top Bottom