Is this mod abandoned?

salty mud

Deity
I see a lot of complaints regarding AI and balance, is this mod still updated or is it in a poor playable state? I tried playing Realism Invictus but I think it's a bit too much of an overhaul so maybe this mod would suit me better.

The devs are not much around these days but the mod is not abandoned. It's just, you know... real life.
I think it is pretty balanced. The AI has more things to deal with than in BtS, so it doesn't always perform so well but this is true about any mod, that adds new stuff.
In general, some players say that this mod is easier than BtS, while some say it is harder.
I think you should just give it a try and see if you have the taste for it or not. :)

It's not dead, but I have not had a lot of enthusiasm to work on it lately. I am hoping to pull together an update soon. There are only a few things left that I think I can personally do.

Updates are nice but even if it doesn't get updates the mod is already good enough to have endless replay value for me.
I see a lot of complaints regarding AI and balance
Problems with AI can be changed by adjusting the handicap the XML file and any balance changes you have can also be changed in the XML files. I have already modified techs, civics, wonders, buildings, and units to be what I think is appropriate for my map settings and game speed.

I see a lot of complaints regarding AI
Some of the options are not well understood by the AI - or not at all. E.g. "Surround and Destroy" or "Great Commanders".
Others make the AI act more poorly, like "Aggressive AI" and "Ruthless AI".

Top Bottom