Is this strange? [Playing Game after every civilization is gone]

MerchantCo

Merchant
When I win a Domination Victory, I often like to perfect the world after the game is over. I improve every tile, clear the fallout, grow large cities, and change the world in the way I want it. Is there anybody else who does this?

BTW: I usually do this on Earth maps.

When I win a Domination Victory, I often like to perfect the world after the game is over. I improve every tile, clear the fallout, grow large cities, and change the world in the way I want it. Is there anybody else who does this?

= strange

Bejeezus, OCD?

I promise you, I don't have anything to do with OCD. But I can see why it looks that way, ha.

I like to try to win every victory in one game.

Everyone has their own way. There is no strange.

I have kept one surviving civ alive with a single landlocked city, then planted Great Generals to box it in on every side until he's literally left with the single tile his city's on to work for the rest of the game. OCD? Probably. Hilarious? Yes.

And yes, he still got angry and threatened war each time I stole his tiles.

I like to try to win every victory in one game.

That was my first game as America. I took an early lead and ran away pretty quick, won Domination and proceeded to accumulate enough votes to win the WL vote, built all the spaceship parts and completed five policy trees. I was sad to learn that you don't actually get credit for those.

Yeah I've done it a few times, although not as a rule.
I think it is a peculiarity of Dom victories, I think you can get really attached to your Empire! I've never felt like doing it on any other victory, although I once nuked the crap out of Rome only after winning a SV - I'd been on best behaviour all the rest of the game and had to swallow an awful lot from him, so I felt the need to vent.

I tend to play world police and defend weak nations who will make a pact with me from Warmongers rather than go for a victory condition.

Its not about winning, its about your civilization and what they do.

Jahsoldier - LOL I remember in civ 1, I blocked a civ near the area of korea, and I literally covered the world with cities, and railroads/farms :D

I've kind of wanted to do this with a couple of my own domination games - not quite to the extent of OP, but at least going back and wiping out every other civ entirely, destroying all other religions, creating a homogenised fascist world nation. I've never got around to it though. I'm glad someone at least has :)

Few times I conquered the whole world and then "perfected" it (good word!). But usually I leave alive 1 civilization and "take care" of it (second good word!).

I don't, but doesn't seem strange. In fact sounds a bit like Sim City, at least the earlier versions, where you just worked on creating a better city without a concrete victory condition. It was fun. (I haven't played Sim City in the last 10 years, it's probably changed by now.)

I do get that urge after a domination victory. It usually goes away after a couple turns though.

If starting a game of Civ wasn't so much fun I probably would do this Mr Original Poster.

Top Bottom