Isabella is breaking my heart!

If Isabella tries to introduce you to her pal Boudica, run (or build a few cathedrals and start praying she'll go at Isabella's throat first).

Boudica has her own definition of "tough love" and "loyalty".

a_man said:
and girls really do care about the size of your......army.
I did ask, but she told me she didn't care about sizes, so I trusted her. Perhaps I'm too naive.
3 EMS said:
My dear young EOR,

I am saddened to hear of the recent hostilities between yourself and that sweet young lady Isabella. Rumor has it that she can only be sastisfied with devout followers of her religion who also have large power graphs. Only a man with a well equipped with a military, that has the fortitude to invade an enemy's defences and the stamina to sustain its thrust to his enemy's core, will win her heart. Please forgive her cousin Hannibal as he tends to be a bit overprotective where Isabella is concerned.

I have a friend with a very nice daughter. She has a better temperament than Isabella. Her name is Hatsetsphut but her friends just call her Hatty. Can't pronounce or spell her name, I recon. Spends a lot of time reading and admiring the cultural beauty of her surroundings. Let me know if you would like to call on her and I can arrange it.
I'll do whatever it takes to get her back, even if this means I have to destroy Hannibal and her entire family.

And thanks, but no thanks about that Hatsewho girl, my heart is with Isabella, she is worth fighting for.
FeelGood said:
Isabella really is a religious zealous-cum-killer. She'll backstab you always. She'll also declare war out of nowhere especially if you're weak or heathen.
Dude, watch your mouth. It is my Isabella you're talking about. I know there is still alot of love for me, somewhere deep inside.

Anyway, she's talking to me again but I don't understand her quite. She is complaining about this war spoling our relationship! Well d'uh!?!?! She could have thought about it before she slapped my face. Yet, I'm offering peace, but she won't have any of it... Women are too complicated it seems.

Also this Joao guy dropped by and while he was visiting he thought a war between us would be great, so now I'm at war with him as well. I don't know what really happened, we were having a few drinks and the next thing I know I'm at war with him. Maybe we had a few drinks too many and he got pissed when he lost at arm wrestling time and time again.

My armies are gaining strength, which is good news, but is not going too fast as I've lost a few cities and I'm sending troops to protect the more important ones this Hannibal guy is trying to take over. The power graph thingy is still not pointing upward, but I hope it will be within a few turns.

Thanks for the support everyone, it is appreciated.

I'm new to civ games. Anyway, so I try the Warlord level, and I didn't have to care what I was building and what I trained, the enemy pretty much gave their cities to me. Then I tried Prince difficulty and

Jumping from being a warlord to a prince is a big jump. Maybe she would like you better if you were a noble. She saw prince and probably thought you'd have lots of armies or gold or something. However, I'm guessing you've learned a lot about being a prince from this so you can probably stand strong as a prince with the lessons you've learned.

Great!!

It mad me laugh,it made me cry
two thumbs way up!!

(and girls really do care about the size of your......army.)

Same here. I say Three thumbs WAY up! :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:
Hell, maybe Pacal and Hannibal are having an affair and they've been plotting against you since day one...Isabella is just a puppet...Pacal always did seem a little...well...you know...But not as much as Justinian!!!! He likes em' big, and hairy. Hope he's not on that map...:eek: Good luck EOR, welcome to CFC. These are the kinds of problems we all get together for like a big happy family! [party]

I really do love this thread! EOR please post new stories soon :)

can't trust those hoes dude. If you survive now, do nothing more than focus on your army and burn every city to the ground on your way to capturing Madrid (not to mention the nice gold you will get from the Buddhist shrine).

But yeah that sucks. Catherine is like this to me she is a nasty s|ut. I never usually have problems with Isabella and I like chicks that speak spanish

Super duper ultra mega post, meng. More please.

THERE IS PEACE! Isabella and I made up and actually I'm now at her place typing this. I'm so happy, she doesn't hate me anymore.

Hannibal is still pounding my cities with those blood thirsty elephants and now he even has grenadiers, but my musketmen can hold them back for now. Eventhough there is war I'm taking Isabella to a zoo or a pick nick or something today, war can wait.

Pacal and I are still trading and making good deals, but I can't understand why he won't even give me a chance to ask him to help me out with this Hannibal guy. He won't even stop trading with him, he thinks it is way too much to ask of him. I voted for Isabella in the apostolic palace elections and she won, and she called for war against Joao so we're all at war with him now. I guess it is kind of a relief as he is busy fighting everyone now.

Anyway, I'm off to buy Isabella a rose and maybe some strawberries for breakfast before she wakes up...

... wheee...happy happy happy....

You may actually want to read the articles on diplomacy in the main screen. I used to be nice to everyone, and wonder why everyone hated me. The thing is, if you trade with someone's worst enemy, they will not be too happy.

The key is to pick a couple of people to be friends with, and make sure they are also at least somewhat friendly with each other. The "Glance" area of the Diplomacy Advisor's screen lets you do this really easily now.

Close borders also can be an overriding concern. I also found the AI likes balancing its target between your best city and your closest city. I just won my first culture victory and was on good terms with my neighbor, but the close borders and the fact that we were the only 2 civs on that particular continent was too much for him -- pushed him over the edge. Couple that with my wonder-mongering...

Anyway, he kept using spies against one of my 3 mega-cities that was closest, and launched a military strike that distracted me for awhile. I lost one other city that was on the way to my culture city, but got it back toward the end of the war.

Sometimes, the AI just knows it has to fight you...especially if your borders are close, or if you are the only other person the AI can launch a decent strike at (due to tech level, # of civs on the continent, etc).

So, I recommend choosing 1 civ you want to be friendly with, and preferrably not the civ in 1st place (or 2nd place if you are in 1st place). Then choose another civ that they are friendly with that you also want to be friendly with.

There are personalities for the civs, and some of them (Montezuma, and I have heard Boudicia, although she hasn't been in any of my games) that will backstab anyone just because they can. For the most part, though, if you follow these tips, that will help greatly.

Sam

You want to be careful with all these gifts, EOR. You never want to give a girl something she can use against you.

What I'm saying is, no matter how nicely she asks, don't give her your uranium. It may seem such a romantic thing to do, but you'll regret it.

So you are out buying her roses after she cheated on you huh?

(Perfect place for the whip smiley but I couldn't find it)

Ahh those of you who don't like boudica just don't know how to treat her she's a Britanic now as Brennus you know what to do just by her a few beers get the both of you into a massive bar fight and she will be wantin all that youi can give her man she is a fiery one but a defensive-pact is the way to her heart and then that leads to a "permanant alliance".

With Isabella there are six other people you gotta watch those are Hannibal he only wants whats best for his niece but is a tiny bit misguided, Washington he is a nice guy but is fairly protective of his daughter so don't dump her, Vicoria she is the older sister and will attack like a hungry wolf at the first smell of blood, Qin Shi Huang is a very mean uncle unless you can reason with him you are as good as dead, Louis XIV he is the oldest of them all and damn if he ain't built like a linebacker and the mind of a psycho, and last but not least Catherine she is the toughest mother you will ever meet in your whole life and she will kill anyone who gets on her daughters bad side.

Catherin is a total backstabbing cheating slut. I hate her. I will never not rush her again.

True, Cathy may just want you for your money, and true, she may cheat on you - on a regular basis - but at least she doesn't dump you on a crazy whim. She likes to have, well, plenty of options...

Izzy, on the other hand...well, I don't think anybody understands her. I'd say that if she's left you for Pacal that he's probably in for an even bigger shock down the line...her surprises tend to get more dramatic as the game goes along.

(P.S. - If she comes back to you, try letting her be on top more often. It just might work...)

Top Bottom