Israel VS Palestine, who do you support?

Who do you support in the Israelite-Palestinian Conflict?

• Total voters
Personally, I support Israel for several reasons:

1. They are freer in fact, they are the freest country in the Middle East, while Palestine is not free at all. Now, before you blame that on Israel:

2. No Muslim state, even the "Secular" ones, get a freedomhouse rating of "Free." While some Muslim states have SOME protection of religious minorities, there is no Muslim state as secular as a European Country or even a borderline free nation like India. I don't blame moderate Muslims for this, but I blame the fact that Islamic government, or an "Islamic State" is a bad idea (It logically follows that any religious state is a bad idea.) And no, Israel isn't really a "Jewish state." Its a state for Jewish people (Though others can live there as well if they do it peacefully.) But its not a Jewish state by religion.

3. Israel are our allies against the War on Terror. Meanwhile, the current Palestinian government ARE terrorists (Hamas.)

Discuss. Poll coming.

Sharon passed to Peres, crosses to Meier, through to Rabin RABIN SHOOTS, RABIN SCOREAS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL RRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

What was that supposed to mean?

In any case, I support Israel, but not exactly sure whether Palestine should have their own autonomous area or just get citizenship in Israel. I'll wait to see what all sides say before voting.

How are the ills of the Palestinians not the fault of the Israelis? They scared and kicked them off the land, invaded their places of refuge, and have systematically deprived them of all rights to everything, even the aquifers under their proposed "state," and even when they were turned out of neighboring countries! You wonder why some Palestinians have turned to terror? Because things are so insanely bad there, and no one gives an honest crap about them, not even other Arabs, that they have nothing left to do but die, or roll over to Israeli imperialism and apartheid.

How are the ills of the Palestinians not the fault of the Israelis? They scared and kicked them off the land, invaded their places of refuge, and have systematically deprived them of all rights to everything, even the aquifers under their proposed "state," and even when they were turned out of neighboring countries! You wonder why some Palestinians have turned to terror? Because things are so insanely bad there, and no one gives an honest crap about them, not even other Arabs, that they have nothing left to do but die, or roll over to Israeli imperialism and apartheid.

[Citation needed.]

I support Israel, but realize a two-state solution is probably what they are gonna go with. I'd support them regardless, though, even if they decided the old Biblical promised land was due them :)

From the Nile to the Euphrates!

Fourth official rules Rabin goal offside; score is still at 0-0 Israel-Palestine, looks like the PLO are preparing to make a substitution

In any case, I support Israel, but not exactly sure whether Palestine should have their own autonomous area or just get citizenship in Israel. I'll wait to see what all sides say before voting.
Too bad Israel denies both of those things.

Also what Cheezy said. The Palestinians are clearly wronged here. Israel might treat it's own citizens fairly well, but the way it treats those it (illegally)occupies is repulsive beyond measure.

I vote two state solution fwiw. I have no problem with Jews living there.

You would of thought Israeli's of all people would be against forcing people to live in Ghettos

I support Israel, but realize a two-state solution is probably what they are gonna go with. I'd support them regardless, though, even if they decided the old Biblical promised land was due them :)

From the Nile to the Euphrates!

When were they promised the Nile? I recall to God saying "You shall never go back to Egypt.)

I wouldn't support them invading the 2-3 countries they'd need to invade to do that. Though if God told them to do it, they'd win anyway...

I support both sides. Israel has a valid claim, and so does Palestine.
That said, Palestine has gotten shafted due to Israeli activities.

I don't support any of these guys. There's going to be no good solution for this whole problem, and it's best just to keep any involvement with that place to a minimum.

I guess the ideal is an one state solution where Jews, Muslims, Christians live together in peace and harmony, joining hands and singing kumbaya, but that seems unlikely. So the next best idea is to give the Israeli one state and the Palestinians another.

But I think odds are that the Arabs will, one day, pull themselves together, invade the Holy Land and massacre all the Jews.

You do realize that Arabs are as much Abraham's descendants as the Jews are? Who's to say that THEY are not the chosen people? And didn't a lot of Jews convert to Islam during the Arab conquests anyway?

What's the point of discussing this when you repeatedly mention how "God is on Israels side" as if that has any bearing on this diplomatic hell? God literally has nothing to do with this

You do realize that Arabs are as much Abraham's descendants as the Jews are? Who's to say that THEY are not the chosen people? And didn't a lot of Jews convert to Islam during the Arab conquests anyway?

The Bible...

Note that being the Chosen People doesn't mean much in the modern era. It doesn't mean Jews are inherently superior.

I think that Israel should be there's though.

@Civver- I actually think they will try, though its not just Palestine and its not Arabs in general. Radical Islamic governments are the problem, and they will (Wait, are) attacking and trying to destroy Israel.

As for Palestine, I am fine with them either getting citizenship rights or an autonomous region (Think how China and Hong Kong relate, though bigger. Palestine would have their own rule, but they would be required not to persecute minorities and it will still technically be part of Israel.) I don't support Palestinian statehood though because I think they'd just be the same as other Muslim nations.

The Arabs states already tried this a few decades ago without much success and they know it and know that they don't stand a chance against the IDF in an all-out war.

Anyway, I favour the option of putting them on two different planets, which would ideally be as far as possible. The land could then be returned to a state of undisturbed nature and peace.

AFAIK a lot of Jews converted to Christianity too, which means that there could be descendants of Abraham all over the world. Can't they claim a slice of that land too then?

Top Bottom