It's awesome, but...

alegra0912

Chieftain
Hehe, I bought this awesome game yesterday. But in my opinion, Civ IV was better.
In Civ V, I can only see teh tech tree while I'm actually IN-GAME playing. And I can't seem t to find the building-tree. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned, but this is my opinion.

How 'bout you? :)

seriously? this game for stupid 10 year olds!

religions?-gone
worldwonders?-most of them gone
real politics, carefull to choose? -gone!

but:

graphical desgin mistakes? a lot!
AI computers? stupid a ever !

this game is for the simple population which minds mathematics!

(i can't :):):):)ing believe i paid 40$ for this game!)

Moderator Action: Warned - trolling.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

real politics, carefull to choose? -gone!

I disagree with you. In fact I found it pretty starnge when I started playing civ4 how a nation in the modern era running emancipation could ever make a switch back to slavery. Or how is it possible to go from Free Religion back to Theocracy. I see the tactival value ofcourse in many cases, but it doesnt really make much sense. Imagine any modern nation adopting Theocracy or Slavery. yeah...

And I dont think Social Policies are that bad. After all the choise is still there on which to adopt and they do seem to matter. They are more realistic to me and only time will tell about their gameplay value.

Of course it's possible to go from Free religion to theocracy....look at all the 'Arab' lands (using the term very loosely to include North Africa, for example). Islamic powers were once a model for religious tolerance....now, not so much.....

And so another thread descends into namecalling.

Sorry, but its just annoying that everyone opens his own complaining-thread. Important threads get pushed down in the list and lost.
It would help to post complaints in one of the six billion other threads.

(And yes, posting here doesn't help either ;>)

I'ts a cool game. I'm going to launch it right away. You all who critisise civ 5 should read Lemmi's playtrough about civ 5. Because of all of these critics, many people won't buy civ 5 and that's a shame. Don't critisise so much, please!

I think you could just leave it at the title....

"Civ5 is awesome, but....."

I know that's how I feel.....

If that is the case, then the game should be perfect for you.
Judging by your well thought out """"arguments""""

Moderator Action: Please report trolling posts rather than simply returning the attack. The Report Post button is in the left panel of each post.

Many game-forums have an 'Official talk :):):):) about the game'-thread, to keep all this stuff in one place. Just sayin'

I'm sure the community has a lot of topics to discuss now that the new game is out, and that - not whining - should take up the space.

I think the only problem is that Civ5 has moved on from Civ4, and a lot of gamers seemed to have wanted another remake.

as for me I can only say the truth, which is I am absolutely, 100% addicted to Civ5, more than any other civ.

Top Bottom