I've encountered a problem while changing the colours of the civs in a scenario.

TimGB

Chieftain
This isn't strictly about BAT, however s.bernbaum helpfully recommended I post here by as my problem is probably familiar to you.

I've changed the colours and flags of the civs in The Navy Seal's Earth1000AD scenario, to make the game look nicer.

However, when I actually play the scenario, the colours revert back to what they were before, while the flags do change.

I know the colours I added are valid, as the game assigns them to players randomly. It's just the game doesn't assign the colours to the players I wanted them to go to. For example, I tried making the Khmer greyish green, however, the Tu-Fan get that colour instead.

I've noticed a similar problem in ViterboKnight's Civ 4n5 mod, where the city-states don't take their own colours, but instead take the colours of random civs; however the game is still okay assigning the city-state colours to normal civs when it runs out of colours for duplicate civs.

I've attached the modified Earth1000AD mod file for you to have a look at; it includes both Seal's original 1000AD scenario and my modified version. I've changed the mod file name in case you have the original mod.

Attachments

• Earth1000AD-modified.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 269
Perhaps I'm missing something in my casual glance at your XML, but the other civ you mentioned (the Tu-Fan) don't seem to be in the Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml file, nor can I see the changed color for the Khmer there. Did you forget to edit this file? I'm pretty sure that's where the colors are assigned.

I assigned the colours in the Scenario itself. There isn't a Tu-Fan civ, it's just a re-decorated Korea with a re-named Gandhi as its leader. My usual process is to save the scenario in worldbuilder, then open the file (.CivBeyondSwordWBSave) using notepad and change the colours, names, logos etc of the civs. This almost always works, but for some reason in this case the colours don't work, while every other change works as normal.

Update: I've discovered that while in the mod, the civs Byzantium, Greece and Rome have no user interface. Maybe that's related?

EDIT: I changed the civs in question to Russia but that didn't fix the colour bug.

Last edited:
I think if you are wanting to change the color scheme properly for each civ, you need to alter the colors in the Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml file. THat's the only way that I can think of to do it which would be reliable.

As for the no user interface bit, that's a sure sign that something is wrong in the XML or Python. Since it's only a few civs, I would guess that it is in the XML files, but sadly, I don't know where to point you to find it. :(

Top Bottom