Japanese military to develop Gundam

http://www.tobeasian.com/2007/10/30/japanese-military-to-develop-gundam/

The Japanese Ministry of Defense is exhibiting at their symposium something called “Toward the realization of Gundam” which is categorized under “Land equipment”. The Department of Ground Systems Development further called it the “Towards The Realization Of Gundam (Advanced Personal Equipment Systems)” on their PDF program. Is Japan really thinking on building mechas?

Many have already voiced how the plan would be unfeasible due to power required for these mechas and how expensive the R&D will cost. But, Hey! It’s Japan we’re talking about, they’re the 2nd largest economy in the world and if their scientist are as creative as their anime artists, they’ll find a way.

Mechas being imployed in the military has always been a subject of talk in the Otaku community, but will fantasy finally become reality? Will we be seeing a giant, human piloted Asimo running around in Japan in the near future? Who knows…

Woah.

I can already see it, giant mechas with artificial muscle tissue used for mobility and oversized Desert Eagle pistols which fire bullets the size of artillery shells.

Perhaps we should rehash our China/US and Allies clash over Taiwan scenarios :lol:

Aye now we have to factor in the Metal Gears and the Gundams and what nots.

Now if only they turned their Defense Forces into anime.

This will be interesting. Just one question: where will they find all the psychotic teenagers they'll need to pilot the things? There are only so many to go around, after all.

This will be interesting. Just one question: where will they find all the psychotic teenagers they'll need to pilot the things? There are only so many to go around, after all.

They can import from America if needed.

Well, Japan seems to have a surplus of teenage axe-wielding maniacs...

Don't forget the effeminate masked men either.

Char definitely is NOT effeminate! Of course, his helmet/mask IS the most ridiculous one in the franchise, but at least he has the sense to ditch it for a pair of shades later on.

Char definitely is NOT effeminate! Of course, his helmet/mask IS the most ridiculous one in the franchise, but at least he has the sense to ditch it for a pair of shades later on.

I was talking about Le Cruose (sp??) and Neo specifically...how more homosexual can you get?

oh god, a world where manga concepts become reality, what's next the USA developing the Death Star? :lol:
btw I would so join the Jap army :lol:
;)

Mmmm orange tang.

Japanese military to develop Gundam
Finally, the plan is nearly complete.

[x] Giant mecha
[x] Five emotionally disturbed teenagers capable of piloting these things*
[x] Cockpit system to turn these teenagers into ruthless killers
[x] Simple control system for ease of use.
[ ] Obligatory blond guy with a mask

One more step...

* I'm sure I can find them. Strategy: go to Myspace

oh god, a world where manga concepts become reality, what's next the USA developing the Death Star? :lol:
btw I would so join the Jap army :lol:
;)
I belive NASA at some point read William Gibson's "Neuromancer" with great interest, looking for novel ideas. Budget-cuts probably stifled them...:p

Top Bottom