Joining wrong civilization (reproduced once)

mackeo

Chieftain
Hello!

First post, so.. bear with me.. joined the CivWorld beta through Facebook, so not quite sure if it's the same instance as the one discussed here.

Anyway, I'm playing in game 921. I have on two different occasions tried to join the Indian Commonwealth civilization, but both of the times when I click the "join" button under the Indian Commonwealth icon I have instead joined the Arabian Empire which says it already has the "max amount of players" both before and after my join click. Indians have currently 11 members, Arabians have currently 39 (sounds like a weird max number, but ok?).

I tried joining in two different manners. The first time, I disbanded my one-player civilization (American) after having played it a long time and immediately went to join the Indian. I thought I had joined the Indian Commonwealth, but apparently I joined the Arabian instead which I noticed after 15-30 minutes or so. So I left Arabians, and tried to join Indian again but then ran into a one-hour cooldown.

The second time, when the cooldown + a few more hours had passed I again logged into the game and immediately tried to join the Indians. Knowing what to look for, I quickly realized I was in the Arabian again... which I left again as quickly.

Seems to me like the joining isn't quite synced with what Civilization you actually choose?

I'm using Google Chrome (12.0.742.112) to play CivWorld on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit with Adobe Flash Player v10.3.181.34.

+1 on this. On server 841, I tired to join the Mongols and ended up in the French.

Also in game 308 for myself and for one of my friends. Clicked on the Romans, ended up in African League.

In addition, the World screen frequently displays false numbers of wonders, technologies, and players for the various Civs. Not all the numbers are wrong, but I don't know which ones to trust.

Also, also, Wonders in that game have been broken since about Day 2. My Civ supposedly has 5 wonders, but I only see the benefits of 2, and if I build a new wonder we do not get the benefits. I think it also assigned a cultural era victory to the wrong Civ when I built a wonder!

I've had this twice: once in game 302, and once in 995. I did actually manage to get into a different civ in 995, but only after I was bounced into the "wrong" civ twice.

Bank error in my favor. on Game 616 tried to form the Romans, joined the french. We happen to have all the really active players.

Bank error in my favor.

Actually, mine was also very advantageous. The one drawback is that our Civ can never have a king, so it's very difficult to gain on the players in the Civ with more fame because we're all Princes/Princesses.

Is this a bug or a playtest feature for balance? it happened again today in 3680 I clicked Africans even sent a message to my fellow Africans only to find that I was in Chinese (which I do not remember even being a choice when I clicked Africans).

This is all part of the merged civ bug. early in the game when one civ merges into another then is recreated, folks trying to join the recreated civ will usually end up in the civ that absorbed the original creating of that civ.

Example:
  1. I create India which gets merged into Mongolia.
  2. John Doe recreates India.
  3. I leave Mongolia and try to rejoin India, but end up right back in Mongolia.
  4. Mongolia can now be much larger than any other civ even if all civs are maxed out even though the world screen says it's got the max number of players. The reason it can far exceed the max players per civ is because of the bug shoving folks into it Mongolia when they try to join India.
  5. Anytime India wins an era victory, it is instead awarded to Mongolia, giving Mongolia all the fame points India rightfully earned. So India can't gain fame points from era victories in this example game.

This bug also tends to cause the missing king bug, probably because the King of the absorbed civ got moved to the new civ. Which means, the only way to get someone fully into the king slot in the absorbed and recreated civ is with the 1 auction that assigns the winner to the king/queen slot. Normal promotions only make someone a half king/queen. that is, they will get the 5 votes, but the portrait at the top will still show as either blank or a person not in that civ.

Before I quit playing CivWorld, this bug was so prevalent that it was happening in almost every game. I will not play the game until this major bug is fixed, because even though the excessively large civ will have trouble voting anything in it will still win most of the eras for two reasons. 1) Being so large, even with everyone doing their own thing, it will still blow through the science, cultural and economic victories with ease. 2)Any era victory the absorbed civ, India in my example above, will be awarded to the absorbing civ, Mongolia in the above example.

I was in Chandler's game and wound up in China too...

We had normal kings BUT as I mentioned in another thread I couldn't put multiple GP in a wonder... but I COULD act as DM the times I was king...

Top Bottom