June/July Patch Notes

Patch is now live on steam. My civ5 is now updated. :goodjob:

So that's how that looks :)

Attachments

• StonyStart.jpg
    StonyStart.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 532
Psyched!
Though I may have to go into offline mode to try to finish my first effort on Emperor, which is going pretty well so far!

Thank a lot - got it. This will have to do until I can get through the overloaded servers.

Edit: although it seems as if neither Diplomacy nor Hotseat nor the Civs themselves have been updated...

Well i noticed the updated one is 1 page bigger and the image issue on page 113 is fixed.

Psyched!
Though I may have to go into offline mode to try to finish my first effort on Emperor, which is going pretty well so far!

FYI you won't get any achievements nor make progress toward achievements in offline mode if you care about them.

If you do want to get them (at least for your current finishes) you can play until the start of the last turn, save your game, update Civ, then finish your last turn assuming the patch doesn't break your victory condition (diplo or culture). Going this way you also won't get credit for longer term achievements like chopping forests, building mines etc, building any units including the UU for your current leader (achievement for building all units for example), or any of the unique achievements for each leader (i.e. build a road with a Roman Legion).

yay! alright, off I go to play

got about another 30 minutes before I can leave work and go home and give this new patch a work out. Looking forward to testing the diplomacy stuff, it would be nice to be able to make and keep an AI as a friend.

And the new policy tree. Maybe I'll try and sneak out early.............:mischief:

Hey guys please help...
After instaling latest patch when I start worldbuilder i got errors about " unknown errors something is resolved.....scatter resourses..."
Now in mods options when I want to start modded map that I create it always give me Aztecs even if I choose other civs.
Before this patch I was normaly chose modded map...chose load scenario..and play with any civ that I want..now whatever civ I choose I can play only as Aztecs...
Please someone:mad:

offtopic:
Typical.
Downloaded the patch, everything goes smooth, I start Civ 5 and *poof* my computer stops.
I looked at the cpu-temperature in the bios, it was a hundred degrees where it's normally sixty degrees. It was sixty degrees this morning.

I open up the computer and see that one of the plastic pins for my cooler has broken off and the cooler isn't secured thight.

Argh, it's got to be some patch black magic or something :p
Worse part, of course, is that I now can't play until I've bought a new cooler. And the computer shop is already closed, so I need to wait until tomorrow.
So I've got the new patch, but can't play. How ironic.
So this is how Tantalus felt? :p
/offtopic

I just want to know if they fixed the Happiness bug I mentioned before. The patch notes didn't say anything about it, and if they left it in then some of the new Policies are going to be HORRIBLY unbalanced.

And this patch is really crippling to a lot of the existing mods; they've changed so many things that it'll take forever to get everything compatible. My own mod is going to take several days just to get to a half-working state...
It's insane that nine months after release we're getting changes of this scope; the fundamental balance of the game should have been locked down long before now. The entire concept of policy branch "Finishers", for instance, directly contradicts the (currently unused in the base game) ability to have Policies have tech prerequisites, which several mods took advantage of.

I just want to know if they fixed the Happiness bug I mentioned before. The patch notes didn't say anything about it, and if they left it in then some of the new Policies are going to be HORRIBLY unbalanced.

And this patch is really crippling to a lot of the existing mods; they've changed so many things that it'll take forever to get everything compatible. My own mod is going to take several days just to get to a half-working state...
It's insane that nine months after release we're getting changes of this scope; the fundamental balance of the game should have been locked down long before now. The entire concept of policy branch "Finishers", for instance, directly contradicts the (currently unused in the base game) ability to have Policies have tech prerequisites, which several mods took advantage of.

I'd rather they patch and make better the base game even if it inconveniences modding.

Every patch breaks mods, just ask Thal about how much work he has coming up. Sometime in the next few months they'll probably be announcing an expansion pack, the only thing holding it back thus far has probably been the tweaking that they've been doing to the core game.

Top Bottom