Just a Stupid question

John19438

Chieftain
Hello everyone! I was wondering about how ai thinks when i'm going at war with my enemy. Let's say I want to go at war with a civilization. I want to use all my troops (including ones that are defending my cities). So, my cities won't have defensive units at all.
My question is: Is there a possibility one of civilization (except one i declared war on) declare war on me, when i am at war with someone?

Well, from what I know, there is possibility, BUT it depends on your neighbours. If you are neighbour to Ahmad al-Mansur or some similar friendly and trustworthy Civ, I wouldn't worry much. If Attila, Montezuma or some similar warmonger is your neighbour, I would reccomend to leave some forces to protect your home teritorry.
Then it depends on your diplomatic relations. Hiawatha is usually friendly guy in my games, but in my latest game as Suleiman, he attacked me when I was preparing large naval invasion agains Germany. He disliked me for being warmonger, for war I declared on him and for conquering his capital. It's much less likely that your declared friends with good diplomatic relations will declare war on you (unless they are backstabbers like Pachacuti).

By the way, good luck with your invasion.

The AI doesn't declare war based on where your units are, they declare war based on how much they hate you, how much of a warmonger they are or how weak you are ( total army score ).
If you have the largest army you can pretty much just go crush anyone you want without fear of another AI doing anything about it.

Top Bottom