Just purchased BTS, do I need to patch RTW?

Lord Baal

Deity
First time I've started a thread in a long time.

I've just recently purchased Civ IV Complete. I came here to get a few tip/ strategies for playing the RTW 1936 Europe mod - I played it for the first time two days ago, but only for a few hours, as Germany - only to find that it seems far more complicated than I had originally thought. So I just wanted a little guidance as to whether I need to download any patches or not to play the game effectively.

Alright, I have the version that came with Civ IV Complete. I don't have it actually sitting in front of me right now, so if kiwitt, Dale or anyone else needs more information than that to help me out I'll get it for you later. I was playing Open Play with Germany, and seemed to be having a few problems with newly-conquered cities - specifically Eastern Polish cities - being completely surrounded by a non-belligerent nation's - the USSR - culture, meaning that the one tank I had in Pinsk when I took it is now trapped there. Pinsk had not finished resisting before I was forced to close down my game and go to bed though, so I don't know if this issue will correct itself. I've also noticed many people referring to Czechoslovakia and Austria in posts here, but I don't have either on my game. Were they added in a patch, or are they referring to another of the several RTW mods?

Basically, my main issue is difficulty in separating which comments on this forum are relating to which version of the mod, and whether or not my game will need patching. I also don't really want to wade through any more of this forum than I already have until someone can help me at least narrow down my issues. Thank you.

The game works best as "Historical" option.

You'll soon be absorbing Austria and Czechoslovakia.

Top Bottom