"No DVD" patch stopped working

jlvfr

King
Hello folks

For a long time, I've been using an alternate EXE to start Civ 3 Conquests, so as to preserve the precious DVDs. The EXE is called "Civ3Conquests-Antal.EXE" and I've used it for so long I can't even remmber if I got it here or on another forum.

Today I moved my drive to another PC, via cloning (an HP 400) and tested the EXE and ran well. However, after installing the final HP updates (BIOS and chipset) the EXE stoped working. There's no error message, no issue shown. The game simply does not start.

Has anyone found a similar situation? Anyone knows of another patch that does this?

I think the Flintlock fix will do the same thing. It provides an option to all or most of the old Antal exe.

I think the Flintlock fix will do the same thing. It provides an option to all or most of the old Antal exe.
I do not know that one, can you tell me where to find it please?

Nvm found it... but it won't work. Says it's not compatible with my version of Civ III... maybe cause I'm running the CCM mod...

Nvm found it... but it won't work. Says it's not compatible with my version of Civ III... maybe cause I'm running the CCM mod...
The Flintlock mod runs very well with CCM. In the next version of CCM the Antal1987 exe of CCM 2.5 will be replaced by the Flintlock mod. Even the players of the CCM succession games since a longer time are using the Flintlock mod for their games.

But the Flintlock mod needs the GOG (or steam version) of Civ 3 Complete for the installation.

The Flintlock mod runs very well with CCM. In the next version of CCM the Antal1987 exe of CCM 2.5 will be replaced by the Flintlock mod. Even the players of the CCM succession games since a longer time are using the Flintlock mod for their games.

But the Flintlock mod needs the GOG (or steam version) of Civ 3 Complete for the installation.
Well frak me then... I have the old DVD version of civ 3 complete... wtheck to I do now...

GOG version is on sale... does this require/come on DVDs, or is it downloaded? never knew it.

Nvm just bought it, it's only 1.30! Let's see how it goes...

Last edited:
Well... fixed it, but what the frak...

After 2 hours of installing GOG, re-patching CCM, poking around with everything in file rights and compatibilities, I found a reference online to "how to make civ 3 run on your screen's resolution", adding KeepRes=1 to the INI file. And that worked!!! Civ immediatly ran with no problems. And I now have Civ on full screen for the 1st time in over a decade...

That was weeeeird...

jlvfr, the result sounds like good news! :)

btw.: I am always guessing what jlvfr stands for.

Top Bottom