Just Push Start - First look

This first look is short but still exciting:

Hardware specs:
In terms of graphics we saw it running on Dx11, but even low end computers running at least Dx9 can play it.

Units: scout
So if you were to send out a scout into uncharted land and he dies in the wilderness you will be informed of his demise.

City-state:
Sidon

Strategic map?
Another feature we were unable to take a look at was a mystery button that provides a “strategic view.” They believe this will have many players excited when they release more info on it in the coming months.

on roads...
Roads were said to have more use than just traveling

yeah, I was just reading that article too.
A couple of real teasers in that article, it makes me wonder how much has yet to be revealed.

i'm hoping that the strategic overview that they didn't show is like what I asked for on another thread.

2. A tactical deployment mode. If they do go to a 1 unit-per-tile mode, I know I would get a headache setting up my front lines if I didn't have some assistance in game. In this mode you would be able to select a group of units and a location for deployment, and then the game will show you a suggested order of battle. But while you are in tactical deployment mode you can rearrange what units will go where, and if you don't like the location, you can change it, all before moving any actual units and wasting a few turns adjusting the lines.

These is the most interesting new bit:

If something is discovered during exploration, such as ancient ruins, the game will notify you. Also, it will inform you of any deaths. The player is no longer left wondering what fate their brave soldier met. The camera immediately shoots to the grim scene and explains what happened. So if you were to send out a scout into uncharted land and he dies in the wilderness you will be informed of his demise. This really adds to the significance of each person under the player’s control.

I'm sorry, but have turns been confirmed by a reliable source?

Well, there are probably only 2 choices if they stick with Civ-style gameplay, either you move on your own turn, then next player, etc... or everyone moves at the same time, same turn. Likely choice could be either. I don't know if many would be happy with simultaneous turns.

So still, if all move at the same time, not showing battles take place would be confusing and not helpful whatsoever. If suddenly all your units are badly damaged, and you have no idea what exactly took place, doesn't make much sense.

So, did Civ 5 not show battle sequences? but it does now? The news of 'you get a message that your Scout is dead' seems kind of silly. I should hope I know if my units get massacred. :)

Perhaps what they mean is an "active" message. After all battles are shown, the map may be centered on the other end of your lands. The message would take you to the correct spot and perhaps, show you a replay of combat if you want.

In case of a battle involving the deaths of several units at the same vicinity, they would have to group such messages into one, to avoid clutter.

I'm sorry, but have turns been confirmed by a reliable source?

Well, there are probably only 2 choices if they stick with Civ-style gameplay, either you move on your own turn, then next player, etc...

Sarcasm recognition roll.... failed.

Damn... JPS is blocked here, and i don't know if I can get a stable enough connection at home.

Can anyone post the article?

The internet, killing my bad jokes, one at a time.

Let me rephrase:

:sarcasm: When does the gameplay start in the video? All I see is this guy singing... :mischief:

Could it be that the Scout is sent out "into the dark" -- some unexplored square -- and we lose contact with him until he comes back? That would be a realistic feature, especially for sea voyages, but I'm not sure that would be fun ...

Top Bottom