• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Just Sent My War Chariot into a Ruin...

Dreadnought

Deity
... and it upgraded into a Knight.

How this is remotely fair, I have no idea. It'll be fun though, chopping through AI warriors and archers with this beast.

Not as bad as when you used to send a warrior island hopping and would up with a mechanized infantry before the AI had swordsman.

*rubs eyes* i thought you couldn't upgrade past first era units? wow. I got rifleman on turn <30 before but never a mech infantry!

chariot archer into a knight... wow.

Yep. I had no idea it worked that way.

Knight is the next unit on the Chariot Archer upgrade path - with one exception (Warriors > Spearmen), the ruins will give you the next upgrade your unit can have. The design flaw's not with the ruin, it's with the upgrade path - either they should have done what they did with crossbowmen, and added later ranged cavalry units, or the CA should upgrade into a Horseman.

or it shouldn't get an upgrade ruin (simple unable to roll one, instead gets a random other one). just like you can not get any tech from a ruin past the 2nd row (calender, writing, etc).

Top Bottom