Just some queries about the game

Jazzwind01

Chieftain
Heya,

1. What do you normally set your cities to, in terms of balanced, production, growth, etc.?

I find that most folks here seem to go for some type of quick win. I'm a more growth-oriented player, which I understand doesnt stand in games against Humans, but the AI, I can eat its lunch on any level if I manage to make at least three good cities, at least two on the water and one with good production (to pump out Wonders). My general strategy is to usually get to the point (fairly quickly) where I'm not actually producing much at all - simply buying / rushing it. I save two GB's and two GS's. One for Networking, one for Mass Media. GS / GS, then GB, GB, usually in the same turn. My economy is usually pumping out between 2k - 3k on an average game, up to 5k on a scenario like Beta Centauri. Then when Hollywood goes into effect - flip / flip / flip, done.

I find the key to this is setting my cities almost continuously on growth - and being disciplined enough to leave them there. I normally wait with Hanging Gardens until my best production city has around 8 or 9 population, then build that, and the boost in production is normally followed fairly closely by Railroads, and Industrialization (if I'm taking all the short cuts in the Tech tree).

I just wondered how this compared to other folks play styles.

2. In the "Main Hall" where the Great Leaders heads are - they keep changing colors. Rust colored, Silver colored, Golden colored. Anyone know why that is, does that happen to be indicative of something I'm missing?

3. I've cracked out about seventy or so games now, and honestly, I really cannot see any great leaders - or losers - in these civilizations.

If I really want to hammer cash - I play Japanese. Their growth rate is insane, and those "One City" islands are nothing but Billionaire Estates. Wow. If I'm playing something like Choke Point World, the Russians can be just as insane with their bonus to food on land. I've noticed some folks say they dont like these two - I find them doing just fine.

Thoughts?

Top Bottom