Khan as Egypt

facistal

Civer
I was playing an OCC cultural game last night and got a Khan gifted to my by a CS. :goodjob:

Must be a bug, but it sure did help my army of one arty and two infantry stay alive while the Utopia project was being built.

Anyone else get a Khan as a non-mongol?

There is a policy in the patronage tree which grants you occasional great people from allied city states. And from what I`ve seen, they grant everything they can :)
My favorite gift was the Giant Death Robot :)

Militaristic CSs sometimes gift random UUs.

Really, never had this happen. I wish they increased the chance for that happening.

I got a khan as India once :s
Really, never had this happen. I wish they increased the chance for that happening.
I think it's just a bug, I've never gotten unique units from city states only the khan (with the policy that gives great people)

Also OP was Mongolia in your game when this happened? They were in my game

It has only happened to me once. I was Bismarck and i got a jaguar (aztek UU). Nice feature.

I've gotten lots of khans but no other UU's, probably b/c I usually ignore militaristic CS's until all the cultural/maritimes are allied.

I got a khan as India once :s

I think it's just a bug, I've never gotten unique units from city states only the khan (with the policy that gives great people)

Also OP was Mongolia in your game when this happened? They were in my game

It was stated by a Firaxis developer in the bug report forum that this is intentional, not a bug. So enjoy your Khans!

Bad ability though, you shouldn't be able to have CS give you other civs UU, really bad idea imo.

It happened to me too, and, as stated above, it's not a bug, it happens when you unlock one of patronage tree policies.

The main problem I've found is not that city states will give me khans with that policy. That's cool. It's nice that city states have a different army structure to me, and adds flavour to my own army, composed of different sorts of units and people from different cultures.

What bugs me is that they won't give me anything else. Since Mongolia came out I've got at least one khan every time I choose that policy, I've never got an ordinary great general, and they seem to give me Khans on a two-to-one basis (for every other great person I get, I receive two khans). Like I say, it's cool to occasionally get a unique unit or khan that shows that the City State isn't a carbon copy of my empire, but it'd be nice if their 'educated elite' weren't all brought up in yurts.

The main problem I've found is not that city states will give me khans with that policy. That's cool. It's nice that city states have a different army structure to me, and adds flavour to my own army, composed of different sorts of units and people from different cultures.

What bugs me is that they won't give me anything else. Since Mongolia came out I've got at least one khan every time I choose that policy, I've never got an ordinary great general, and they seem to give me Khans on a two-to-one basis (for every other great person I get, I receive two khans). Like I say, it's cool to occasionally get a unique unit or khan that shows that the City State isn't a carbon copy of my empire, but it'd be nice if their 'educated elite' weren't all brought up in yurts.

Bah... you get a free golden age, enjoy it :)

in my last game, a militaristic CS gifted me a babylonian UU archer without any patronage policy.

in my last game, a militaristic CS gifted me a babylonian UU archer without any patronage policy.

The patronage policy grants Great people, not military units... Militaristic CS will gift you random military units every number of turns.
With the policy however, you get random Great people from all CS, military, cultural, maritime

Thanks I am well aware of that. I just wanted to support the point of Black213 that militaristic CS sometimes gift UU and to prevent the misconception, that a policy is needed for this behaviour. The only thing I ask myself is, why only DLC UU seem to be gifted in this way.

I would actually like to see this (gifted UUs) formalized as a system. I think it's an amazingly flavorful thing to have happen, and calls to mind things like the Swiss Guard (in the Vatican), ANZAC troops in WWI, etc. Would add a ton of usefulness to military CSes, also - you get units with capabilities different from anything you can build.

i get khans from city states all the time and i use them for free golden ages.. i have also gotten giant death robots from dublin before (also my favorite gifted unit)

Top Bottom