kicked by host

fireashwinter

Chieftain
So, I am playing a game, trading etc. in order to develop, and I am kicked by the jackass host, Capo (or something like that), about a millisecond after some loose accusation that I am "feeding" the opponent he is in a war with. The more likely explanation is that I had just secured a mini-continent with resources that would let me challenge the host.

This kind of makes it very frustrating to play multiplayer...is there any way around this other than being the host? I'm a fairly competent player, but don't have a group of trustworthy people I can play with.

So, I am playing a game, trading etc. in order to develop, and I am kicked by the jackass host, Capo (or something like that), about a millisecond after some loose accusation that I am "feeding" the opponent he is in a war with. The more likely explanation is that I had just secured a mini-continent with resources that would let me challenge the host.

This kind of makes it very frustrating to play multiplayer...is there any way around this other than being the host? I'm a fairly competent player, but don't have a group of trustworthy people I can play with.

Same happened to me two days ago, it's an annoying issue, I think players who are attempting to be kicked by the host should at least have a majority vote before doing so.

You could also just ban them from your games, that's what I do when the host kicks a player without a good reason.

Host the game yourself and then you could do all the kicking. Kick them back.

I think they should change the mechanic to something where if there is a player that needs kicking due to griefing etc, the host presses the kick button but then everyone else votes either for or against it (maybe with a tick and a cross appearing next to the persons name on the list). That way the host can't abuse his powers but cheaters or griefers still dont get to play. This kind of voting mechanic is used in most first person shooters and other multiplayer games, so I see no reason why it wouldn't work in civ.

Since good players usually wont behave like this, and that you just came in a position to challenge this player, implying that you were losing to this player, i think its fair to assume that you are in fact not a very competent player.

Moderator Action: This sort of remark is unacceptable. Infraction given.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

so what klaskeren? that has absolutely no relevance to this discussion

Since intelligent people usually wont make an off-point irrelevant post like this, I think it's fair to assume you are in fact not very intelligent

Moderator Action: Don't respond to flame bait. If you have a problem with a post, please report it.

Also, thread moved to Multiplayer forum.

I do think klaskaren made an important point, which the moderator obviously failed to understand.

I'm a fairly competent player, but don't have a group of trustworthy people I can play with.

fairly competent and no good People to Play with just doesnt match.

So if the op want get less kicked his n1 step should be to improve his gameplay and find like that better people to play with. Good Players dont Need to kick.

Join the No Quitter group. You will find the best experiment of FFA games. Check signature below for links.

I hope it's okay to ask this question in this thread.

I think almost every time I try to play in a public internet game on Civ, I get kicked by the host. It happens so much that I'm beginning to wonder, is the host really booting me or is this some kind of error that causes the game to mistakenly say that it was the host that did it? One game I was in, the host told me to click ready, not long after I had joined the game. I said, 'Give me a minute to choose my civ'. And then I was booted.

So, is this some kind of bug, or are people really just that rude on Civ multiplayer? I know this is not exactly the same scenario as that of the OP, but unless I play a private game, I can never seem to even get that far.

lol

People in this Group quit even more as guys in open Lobby games.

If they do they are banned. From dozen of games played i never encountered such behavior.

I think almost every time I try to play in a public internet game on Civ, I get kicked by the host. It happens so much that I'm beginning to wonder, is the host really booting me or is this some kind of error that causes the game to mistakenly say that it was the host that did it? One game I was in, the host told me to click ready, not long after I had joined the game. I said, 'Give me a minute to choose my civ'. And then I was booted.

So, is this some kind of bug, or are people really just that rude on Civ multiplayer? I know this is not exactly the same scenario as that of the OP, but unless I play a private game, I can never seem to even get that far.

There are many people that join, don't set difficulty level, and just sit in the room doing nothing, or don't have the right expansions and can't ready. A lot of hosts lose patience because of this. It shouldn't happen every time unless you are unusually laggy and cannot join/set civ+difficulty in under a minute.

Sometimes host kick because it's ongoing match. And host doesnt remember to chance game private when reload occurs

The only solution to this issue is to host yourself or at least have a friend that you trust be the host. It is a pretty bad issue, at least 80% of the games I join without knowing anyone in the game, I get kicked when it comes time for me to attack the host.

It's so consistent that I once had something come up during a game so I attacked the host in the hopes I would be kicked and not be a leaver. Sure enough I got kicked as soon as his troops were slaughtered.

It's an epically horrible mechanic.

I think almost every time I try to play in a public internet game on Civ, I get kicked by the host."

If it happens a lot, then you could have a bad ping. In the lobby, and in the game, there is a number with ms next to it that shows how fast your connection is to other people.

If they do they are banned. From dozen of games played i never encountered such behavior.

from the like 8 games of the games I played with these people like 6 ended with "scraps" usually very soon when people didnt like their land or after i took or 1 or 2 over and others saw the "end coming".

Or they found other reasons like some doing constant flaming and then quiting cause they didnt like others behaviour.
maybe 1 did go till game was really close to be decided

I see no difference in "scraping" to just quitting.

You can allways put things in your perspective.

from the like 8 games of the games I played with these people like 6 ended with "scraps" usually very soon when people didnt like their land or after i took or 1 or 2 over and others saw the "end coming".

Or they found other reasons like some doing constant flaming and then quiting cause they didnt like others behaviour.
maybe 1 did go till game was really close to be decided

I see no difference in "scraping" to just quitting.

You can allways put things in your perspective.

Well in my ''perspective'' we never scrapped games either. Are you sure that was a real NQ game? Lot of public games has the letters ''NQ'' in their title...

+1 experiencing early scrapping in NQ Group games.
Also, the 'random civ' rule is weak. Picking who you want is stronger. If more than 1 person picks the same civ, so what?

Top Bottom