Kind of a paradox...

toh6wy

Emperor
OK, so I pre-ordered C3C, and I got the bonus CD. I just tried it recently, though. Since I knew that DYP is a good mod, I tried that one first. Unfortunately, it was obviously designed for PTW, b/c there's the whole thing w/ getting trait-specific this and that, and nothing about seafaring or agricultural. Also, the text was really screwed up. Take a look at this screenie below to see what I mean. (Had to crop it quite a bit to make it small enough...)
So what I'm trying to say is, the bonus cd is specifically bundled only w/ C3C, and yet it has at least one (haven't tried the others yet) mod that is incompatible w/ C3C. A shame, really... :(

Attachments

• dyp.jpg
    dyp.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 518
I believe most or all of the stuff on the Bonus CD (I don't have it) is user created mods. Don't blame Firaxis/Atari. I'm sure English is not the primary language for some of the contributors as well.

It is more of a convenience than a "value" since you could download most of that stuff from various sites. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Looks like you got the "yearbook" picture of Ceasar -- they always catch someone with their eyes closed. :lol:

AFAIK, there was only one mod on that disk that was for C3C. The rest were intended for PTW to tide people over till C3C came out.

Tide people over till C3C came out? Not very helpful then if you only get the CD together with C3C, or never get the CD at all.

Theres a new version, well... a patch, that lets you play DYP with C3C. Check it out at the CDGroup website. Hope this helps! DYP rocks! And look out in the future for their newest mod, Rise & Rule which is still in beta right now.

I got my pre-order CD at least a month before my pre-order came in.

to toh6wy

I also got that screwed up text once. In the main menu the top option was "Outpost", the next one "Build Outpost" (instead of "New Game" and whatever). The text was screwed up in the game also in diplomacy screen etc. (This was when installing PTW btw). Once i uninstalled and reinstalled it worked fine.

I've been there, although my options weren't half as funny as those.

I wonder what UU "a Conquest Victory" has...

Originally posted by warpstorm
I got my pre-order CD at least a month before my pre-order came in.

Well, I got it at w/ Conquests at the same time - and it *does* say Civ III *Conquests* Bonus CD, not Civ III Play the World Bonus CD...
And yes, I know most or all of those are available online anyway. I don't really care that the bonus CD's scenarios are basically unusable unless I uninstall Conquests. I just find it highly ironic. :D

Now that I think of, maybe I could post some more screenshots from the messed up DYP in the Humor forum or something... :)

Many of the mail order places didn't send them out when you placed your preorder like they were supposed to.

As far as the content goes, how would modders be able to make C3C content in August (the deadline to get something on the disk) when C3C didn't come out till November?

BTW, the scenarios should work fine if you load them from PTW.

That is obviously Latinglish. I know, it's hard for most people to understand.... ;)

Top Bottom