Korea Scenario Deity Win Paranoia

A Rabid Dopsis

Warlord
Here's the thing: I've never played at deity before so I decided to play the Korea scenario as Korea (because, as is well known, it's almost impossible to lose because of China's enormousness) just to have a look around.

I won at turn 53 with no help from China (jerks!).

Does that mean I'm a deity player (pff haha) or is the actual 'beat back Japan' part of the scenario really easy too? :crazyeye:

Coz that seems dumb.

Samurai invasion scenario is very easy with Korea or China.
Even if you do actually nothing, China is superpower and you will win the game with highest points.

Or you can rush Himeji(for free castle) in Daegu w/ GE and build a Citadel around daegu. With proper defenses Japan can't capture daegu.

So has anyone managed to lose the scenario yet? How do you do it other than blatantly handicapping yourself (eg by deleting all of your units)?

I played as korea once and lost because china was NO HELP to me, and i lost as japan once because i didn't realize how strong the coastal fortresses really are. <hangs head in shame with picard facepalm>

Checking the stats; a few people have managed to somehow lose as Korea, but not many.

Your performance though is much better than mine; it took me until turn 100 to win and I still hadn't quite managed to retake 3 SE most cities from Japan.

China actually did help me in my own game. But China managed to lose one of its own cities to Japan and never recaptured it.

To lose:
use some units to block china reinforcements.
Build weak units and do suicide attacks to Japan. (Unit kills award victory points)

Huh, maybe I should move up from prince then... :lol:

I find it hilarious that china just sort of wanders in at turn fifty with their massive army and suicides a knight into the last city I have to take. Good job, buddy!

Finally got to play the scenario.
I played as Korea and failed to retake Seoul from the Japanese.
But, due to all the fighting China had the highest score.

When the 100 turns were over I unlocked, Lose as Korea, Win as Korea and Win on deity. Kinda funny.
Presumably I lost because I didn't have the score to win the time victory. (and some cities were still occupied)
But then I also won because I was in a team with the victor, China.

Here's an actual challenge: try Manchuria on Deity. They are no doubt the weakest of the four civs, and they only have 90ish turns to take two cities from Japan (since Seoul will fall) and China. Not only that, but Keshiks/Banner Cavalry aren't strong enough to take down cities on their own. So have fun with that challenge.

On Deity, Korea is the easiest to win with in my opinion. Use your free policies on turn 1 to get a free Great General, and plop a citadel SE of Seoul and the Japanese forces will never take Seoul. Once you survive the initial onslaught you can take back the southern cities easily. If you place a citadel near Seoul I think it's impossible to lose.

Well, China is remarkably easy as well. They don't really have much to do until Japanese forces are on their doorstep, but honestly, with Chu-ko-nus and the time you get before invasion, it's easy to beat out the Samurai.

Top Bottom