Lag half way through a game

frog_legs

Chieftain
i can start up the game and play for about 20 minuits without a problem, then it starts to lag on me, sound still works fine, just sluggish scrolling.
i have a NVidia Geforce FX 5600xt
and all my other stuff is the same or higher then the recommended system requirments

wc3promet

Warlord
frog_legs said:
i can start up the game and play for about 20 minuits without a problem, then it starts to lag on me, sound still works fine, just sluggish scrolling.
i have a NVidia Geforce FX 5600xt
and all my other stuff is the same or higher then the recommended system requirments

Was it because you researched a new tech or built a Wonder that centered the Map?

Large and Huge maps causes client side lags.

frog_legs

Chieftain
i am playing on a standard size map and it happens randomly... nothing prompts it

Zydor

Emperor
Load the Patch V1.52, if still have issues post again with a copy of your Dxdiag dump

(Dxdiag - Start button - click - choose run - type dxdiag - hit enter key - let it chunter for a min - select save all information - post here using the 'advance' button below)

Regards
Zy

Zydor

Emperor
Pre-V1.52 that would indicate the classic memory errors that were occuring, many were fixed with V1.52. Good idea to bump up your PageFile a bit, its a tad low, set it to 2000mb min=max.

I know you probably done the load before, but its a good idea to do a complete purge of the game on the disc, particularly some cache files that are in some directories, overwriting them on patching can sometimes cause issues. Doing the procedure below also helps to have a known baseline that someone can work from.

Download Patch V1.52 via

http://www.2kgames.com/civ4/downloads.htm

Before Patching
Windows add/remove in control panel remove Civ - success or failed do the following

Delete the Civ IV Directories in:

- Programs/Firaxis
- My Documents / My Games
- C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\My Games\Civilization IV\ Its a hidden directory if not seen just check you have "show hidden files" switched on

- Delete Windows/Temp files
- Delete Browser Temp files

Load from discs
Load Patch V1.52

If still issues post again

Regards
Zy

Top Bottom