Large War Junk

I just realized I never actually added it in.. sorry. Using Custom Assets I replaced the frigate with this and I did not get any animations either so I looked at the nif and I see why, but it will take a bit of modding..

So I guess it never did have animations. :( I will try to get one with them soon.

Oh, good to hear I spotted a negligence. ;)
You know, the sooner this is fixed the quicker you're on the credits list for the EthnicArtstyles mod. :mischief:

I've been thinking... if you feel like doing this don't you think the ironclad animations would look better on your early cruiser? I realize I'm asking you to do extra work, but the less guns on that model could look just fine because in those decades alot of experiments with bigger/heavier guns were done and it would reflect well the less but more powerfull guns the real (sail/steam engine combo) ironclads carried. And a nice side-effect would be that the pipes of the model would emit smoke when moving around.

Another question: did you ever finish your Canopus class battleship? Checking around I see a few renders of the model but always without turrets.

Ok, I will get to that soon, shouldn't be to hard.
And I like the idea on the Ironclad cruiser to, though the hulls always look tacky no matter how I make them..

And the Canopus, yeah it was done a long time ago, the render did not have turrets on though. But it is done with turrets.

It seems the turrets of the Canopus are not placed correctly on their foundation?

Yes, as it was still quite early in my "Career" That was something that bugged me some.

There is actually a very cool model in the Total realism mod for the French Dreadnought, if we could get them to release it separately it looks a lot like the French Pre Dreadnoughts looked like, very cool!

Yes, as it was still quite early in my "Career" That was something that bugged me some.

There is actually a very cool model in the Total realism mod for the French Dreadnought,

Do you have a link to a screenshot or something? From this dreadnaught in the TR mod I mean.

Here you are.

Attachments

• fredreadnought.JPG
    fredreadnought.JPG
    15.8 KB · Views: 83
Yeah, along with a bunch of other cool units, a German dreadnought, a British one, and some other very cool ships! I Think Smitty did them..

Yeah, along with a bunch of other cool units, a German dreadnought, a British one, and some other very cool ships! I Think Smitty did them..

I think I'm going to dl a certain mod. :D Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

My pleasure, saves me some work.. ;)

Weirdly enough, I couldn't find this in Total Realism, vs. 22... :cry: (and yes, I did unpack the .fpk's)
Your Canopus and other ironclad models are in it tho.
Took me awhile to figure it out too... when you unpack the FPK file you get what looks like maybe 1/3rd of the new units you see in the game. Reason being, you need to look in the SUBFOLDERS of the new units listed in the TR mod. Specifically, look in the "UNIQUE" folder, then look again in the nation's subfolder "German", etc. You'll find the new ship models buried deep in the unique and nation specific folders, but they are there!

Also, I must point-out that the designers of TR definately stated things like "French Dreadnought", but most-certainly used a model of a "Pre-Dreadnought"... four heavy guns and an assortment of smaller guns is the benchmark for the pre-dreadnought... all true Dreadnoughts had at least 8 or more big guns.

...just sayin.

Anyways, the TR mod definately has some very fine ship models... grade-A work!

Yeah, I eventually found them. Those pre-WWI ship models are rather high-poly compared to what the average modeler releases here.
They're beautiful, but not models I can use in my mod and get away without a resource hog on the computer. :(

Those pre-WWI ship models are rather high-poly compared to what the average modeler releases here.
They're beautiful, but not models I can use in my mod and get away without a resource hog on the computer.
Dunno... It's still a turn-based strategy game isn't it? Just how much horsepower does one need to run a TBSG these days? Half-Life 2 this isn't.

The thing is with all these ethnic unitsets outthere, alot more is happening in the graphics engine.

Btw, did you receive my PM with the explanation why you couldn't see an Egyptian Galleas? :mischief:

What's the differance between this and your "War Junk"?

Bigger?

reanimated

Attachments

• Large War Junk.zip
    23.9 KB · Views: 67
Top Bottom