Larger buttons - or lower resolution

lukaszw10

Chieftain
Hello fanatics, Does anyone of you know a patch or mod that enlarges the buttons on the map? I'm especially interested in menus, pedia and advisors, as well as unit action buttons. Possibly an add-on that allows you to play at a resolution lower than the default? Thanks in advance!

Depends a bit on your monitor, but a switch called "VideoMode=XXXX" can be added to the .ini file, where the XXXX corresponds to a horizontal pixel-width for a 4:3 display.

So if you set e.g. "VideoMode=1600", all game-screens, including the advisor-screens, would be re-scaled to 1200 (displayed) vertical pixels. XXXX can be any of 5 or 6 stepped 'standard' values, from 1024 up to a max of ... 1920(?) (I don't remember all of them, sorry!).

Not sure if/how the VideoMode switch might interact/interfere with the "KeepRes=1" switch that tells the game to use your entire screen-area at native resolution, but you could give it a shot...

Last edited:
Depends a bit on your monitor, but a switch called "VideoMode=XXXX" can be added to the .ini file, where the XXXX corresponds to a horizontal pixel-width for a 4:3 display.

So if you set e.g. "VideoMode=1600", all game-screens, including the advisor-screens, would be re-scaled to 1200 (displayed) vertical pixels. XXXX can be any of 5 or 6 stepped 'standard' values, from 1024 up to a max of 1920 (I don't remember all of them, sorry!).

Not sure if/how the VideoMode switch might interact/interfere with the "KeepRes=1" switch that tells the game to use your entire screen-area at native resolution, but you could give it a shot...
I have gog Version, and my conquest.ini file doesn't contain "videomode" switch. Could i manually enter it?

Yes, you can add it.

KeepRes=1
Can be 0 or 1. If 1, your screen resolution is used for the game instead of the default 1024x768.

Video Mode=1280
Can be 1024, 1152, 1280, 1600, 1792. Changes the game's resolution to the value specified (instead of the default 1024x768).

Here is mine, I find it too hard to see objects at any higher setting.

Top Bottom