Last religion oddity

Rubin

King
Something strange is going on with the last religion founded (Version 1.0.3.18).

In my current game as Assyria, all religions have been founded--except for the last one. The Ottomans have a pantheon, but no religion. It seems the game allows for more pantheons than religions, and that's ok. My close neighbor and friend, Brazil, has no religion nor pantheon. My spy in Pedro II's capital reveals +0 faith per turn. There's a religious city state, Jerusalem, close by, but Brazil and Jerusalem are not allied.

Then this happens:

Brazil founds Catholicism and receives a great prophet.

The world has just entered the renaissance. It's been very long since the Ottomans founded their pantheon, and seemingly they do not care for religion in this game(!).

I see no way of Brazil being able to found the last religion, and there is no explanation to the great prophet. Brazil did not complete a wonder as far as I can tell from the espionage. I don't know what's going on.

Can anybody share some light on this and maybe explain what is going on? Or point me to a thread explaining this?

Brazil has completed Tradition and has 2 policies in Patronage. Nothing in Piety.

There should be no way of Brazil getting a great prophet as a gift from a city state. And definitely not 2 great prophets!

The religion seems to just popup... with a free great prophet to boot :confused:

Here's a test save showing the issue. Hit next turn and watch Brazil found a religion without a previous pantheon, and receiving a great prophet as well.

Edit: Old version save file removed.

Could they have finished Piety or Liberty? Or maybe it was gifted by a City State from Patronage?

Piety finisher. It grants you a free prophet. although they would also get a Reformation belief.

That would be strange, you cannot pick Great Prophet as Liberty finisher (and I would assume Pisa either) without a Pantheon.

The rule regarding Pantheons is simple

There is no set liimit to the number, quite frankly, the max is in fact.. 22. BUT.. the moment somebody Enhances their religion, if there is the same number of pantheon as religinos (i.e more than 7 on huge map) Panthons are locked, and no more pantheons can be founded.

Brazil has completed Tradition and has 2 policies in Patronage. Nothing in Piety.

There should be no way of Brazil getting a great prophet as a gift from a city state. And definitely not 2 great prophets!

The religion seems to just popup... with a free great prophet to boot :confused:

Updated the OP with a save file showing the issue. I think I have all the DLC, so it won't work for everyone. I recall having a similar issue in Gods & Kings with Sweden suddenly founding the last religion; though that could have been an entirely different issue.

Top Bottom